Air Strike

Mmage

Reaction score
Im doing a ability, Air Strike, and it requires that 3 planes spawn and move toward the target, dropping bombs as the go along.

Here is a rough text pic of the paths, planes spawn at end moving toward target. Ignore the x's and (t) = target
xxx|xxx
xxx|xxx
xx(T)xx
x/xxx\xx
/xxxxx\

How do i make it so that the planes "drop" a bomb at every so often?

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Simple. You need variables to specify the points of which the planes will spawn and the target of which they bomb to. Then you order the planes to move there and use the ability Pheonix Fire (I think, might be barrage) to enable auto-bombing on anything below them or you could use special effects to make explosions and use triggers to cause damage to that area each time. Also set the planes to either a variable or make them expire after XX amount of seconds.

Mmage

Reaction score
Cool. How do i make stuff auto barrage? XD

Edit: Would this drop a bomb even if the ground it goes over dosen't hace a enemy on it?
Cause i want the planes to drop bombs as they go along no matter what. Also, how do i make it so the planes spawn even if they are forced to start outside the boundry (The black part) or make it so that it dosent spawn if it would have to spawn out of the boundry (First one is more preffered, but if it cant happen, this one instead.)

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Ok I just made a bomber that drops bombs every .5 seconds for a maximum of 8 times. These are the triggers.

Trigger One: The Spell
Code:
Bombing Run
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Aerial Bombing 
    Actions
        Set Bombtarg = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set Bombplane = (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Bomber for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Bombplane facing 270.00 degrees
        Set BomberU = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order BomberU to Move To (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
        Trigger - Run Bomb <gen> (checking conditions)

Trigger Two: The Bombing
Code:
Bomb
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Bomber = (Position of BomberU)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Bomber using Abilities\Weapons\SteamTank\SteamTankImpact.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at Bomber, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Siege and damage type Normal
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Bomber)
                Wait 0.50 seconds
        Unit - Remove BomberU from the game

Trigger two is NOT initially on, it is only told to run by the first trigger, this prevents constant bombing or possibly completely no function at all. All I did was take a flyer, set its speed slow and make an ability based on Channel. So when the unit casts the Bomb spell somewhere (I made it max range 9999999) it will spawn the bomber, and have it drop 8 bombs as it does its fly-by. I will make a map in a few minutes. I don't want to submit the map it is on because I have other stuff on it aswell.

Mmage

Reaction score
Cool. how can i change the max number of bombs? Besides that i cant think of anything till u throw the map in. XD

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
I believe this should suffice. There are a couple problems. One being the bomber will not spawn outside of the map. And two being the bomber will not move outside of the map. If anyone knows how to do that they can have a crack at it.

bomb.jpg

View attachment BomberMap.w3x

EDIT: Nevermind, it WILL go out of the map IF you target close enough to the edge.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey not bad a trigger IceWarrior... But you forgot to remove a leak in the first one?

Plus we need to trigger waits or different distances between each plane and the target, because if their distances and speed are the same... They should crash, right? :nuts:

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
>But you forgot to remove a leak in the first one?
There are no leaks in either trigger.

Also it doesn't crash if the spell is casted more than once, it just makes the bomber before last not disappear but I made the spell have a cooldown which makes up for it. And making multiple bombers isn't difficult at all. If I have time this morning i'll make another example, no gaurantees though as I have school to go to. Maybe i'll make the bombers spawn randomly too, we'll see.

New Trig:

Primary (Now makes three bombers.)
Code:
Bombing Run
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Commence Bombing 
    Actions
        Set Bombtarg = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set Bombplane = (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Bomber for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Bombplane facing 270.00 degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Bombplane)
        Set BomberU[1] = (Last created unit)
        Set Bombplane = (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 225.00 degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Bomber for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Bombplane facing 45.00 degrees
        Set BomberU[2] = (Last created unit)
        Set Bombplane = (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 315.00 degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Bomber for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Bombplane facing 135.00 degrees
        Set BomberU[3] = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order BomberU[1] to Move To (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
        Unit - Order BomberU[2] to Move To (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 45.00 degrees)
        Unit - Order BomberU[3] to Move To (Bombtarg offset by 800.00 towards 135.00 degrees)
        Trigger - Run Bomb <gen> (checking conditions)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Bombtarg)

Secondary (Makes all three bombers drop bombs and be removed when finished.)
Code:
Bomb
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Bomber[1] = (Position of BomberU[1])
                Set Bomber[2] = (Position of BomberU[2])
                Set Bomber[3] = (Position of BomberU[3])
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Bomber[1] using Abilities\Weapons\SteamTank\SteamTankImpact.mdl
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Bomber[2] using Abilities\Weapons\SteamTank\SteamTankImpact.mdl
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Bomber[3] using Abilities\Weapons\SteamTank\SteamTankImpact.mdl
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 250.00 at Bomber[1], dealing 250.00 damage of attack type Siege and damage type Normal
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 250.00 at Bomber[2], dealing 250.00 damage of attack type Siege and damage type Normal
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 250.00 at Bomber[3], dealing 250.00 damage of attack type Siege and damage type Normal
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Bomber[1])
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Bomber[2])
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Bomber[3])
                Wait 0.50 seconds
        Unit - Remove BomberU[1] from the game
        Unit - Remove BomberU[2] from the game
        Unit - Remove BomberU[3] from the game

Sorry Kenoriga, I did not see that I failed to remove bombplane from the locations. But that still didn't leak even with it like that. I HAD to make them get removed this time though because I'm spawning 3 bombers now. New vers will be uploaded shortly. I am still working on a good random bombing code.

bomberv202.jpg

bomberv201.jpg

View attachment BomberMapv2.w3x

Mmage

Reaction score
Cool. (Yes i say that alot.)

1: Its ok if they crash but im not sure let lemme test the map and see.
2: How can i make it so teh planes dont drop bombs every so so seconds, they drop them every so so range (Im not saying change the whole thing id just like to know how maybe i could change it if i wanted to)?

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
>How can i make it so teh planes dont drop bombs every so so seconds, they drop them every so so range...
So what your saying is, you want the planes to only drop bombs when an enemy is in an X size radius? Yes you can do that. It would need you to do an event. Unit enters region of radius of unit then do so and so. I could recode that for you but i'm gonna be a while, I just got back from school and need food lol.

>Change Casting Unit to Triggering Unit
There is no purpose to that. Triggering unit IS the casting unit.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
>There is no purpose to that. Triggering unit IS the casting unit.

Just to avoid problems that CAN happen. You used Triggering Unit in the first trigger so why not in the second?

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
>You used Triggering Unit in the first trigger so why not in the second?
Oh! Haha I didn't notice that. I guess I just didn't bother to change it when I was making the trigger since they are basically the same thing. If this guy wants me to make any more changes to this spell i'll change it then.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
IceWarrior, does Mmage wants the bombs to damage EVERYTHING (Friendly, Enemy, Hero, Building, Ancient, blabla)?

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
>does Mmage wants the bombs to damage EVERYTHING
I don't know, he just wanted the bombers so thats what I made haha.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
I think your trigger cause damage to the Planes, because you using Damage Area, and it damages ANYTHING that's in it AoE.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
>I think your trigger cause damage to the Planes, because you using Damage Area
Incorrect. Planes have invulnerable and locust. They are not able to be damaged and cannot be selected. Like I said, he asked for bombers, I gave him a realistic kind, last I checked bombs damage EVERYTHING. :p

Also, since i'm doing all this i'd like to be given credit in your map aswell as that is what i'm assuming this is for.

Mmage

Reaction score
Well, i want the bombs to damage allys, enemys, ground, buildings. So basically all ground units. Not air (Makes no sence).

I will give you credit, i dont just jack everything and say its mine. I have some decency.

Can you make the planes start a bit earlier and end a bit later?
Specifics later. XD

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
>Can you make the planes start a bit earlier and end a bit later?
I can yes, I can also specify the targets of the damage dealt.

>Specifics later. XD
Such as?

Mmage

Reaction score
i specify how much earlier and later the planes start/go later. lol

how far away do the planes start now (range, such as 1000)?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.