Atribiute points system

eric92

Reaction score
Hello, can someone help me make a atribute point trigger system for my rpg. When a hero levels up you will get 5 lumber, you spend this lumber on atributes: strength, agility, or inteligence. I was trying to make a dialog sysytem so when you type in a message or hit a key on keyboard you are able to chose your stats. But i am not to good with triggers. Can someone help me trigger this?

If you dont understand what I am trying to say then tell me and I will reword this as best as I can.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Something like this?:

Trigger 1:
Event : A unit gains a level
Condition: (Triggering unit) is (a Hero) equal to True
Action: Add 5 to (Triggering Player) lumber

Trigger 2:
Event: A player types -str as an exact match
Condition:
Action: If (Triggering player) lumber greater than or equal to 1
then Unit group - pick all units owned by Triggering player and do multiple actions:
Set strength of (picked unit) to Strength of picked unit + 1

...and so on for the other attributes.

oveRLuckEd

Reaction score
Something like this?:

Trigger 1:
Event : A unit gains a level
Condition: (Triggering unit) is (a Hero) equal to True
Action: Add 5 to (Triggering Player) lumber

Trigger 2:
Event: A player types -str as an exact match
Condition:
Action: If (Triggering player) lumber greater than or equal to 1
then Unit group - pick all units owned by Triggering player and do multiple actions:
Set strength of (picked unit) to Strength of picked unit + 1

...and so on for the other attributes.

second trigger add more 1 line
player - set lumber for (triggering player) current lumber -1

Manix

Reaction score
Hello, can someone help me make a atribute point trigger system for my rpg. When a hero levels up you will get 5 lumber, you spend this lumber on atributes: strength, agility, or inteligence. I was trying to make a dialog sysytem so when you type in a message or hit a key on keyboard you are able to chose your stats. But i am not to good with triggers. Can someone help me trigger this?

If you dont understand what I am trying to say then tell me and I will reword this as best as I can.

I don't mean to offend you in any way but how come you're making an RPG and you're not good at triggers?

eric92

Reaction score
I don't mean to offend you in any way but how come you're making an RPG and you're not good at triggers?

Well I am good at them, but I have trouble with some major ones like save/load and sometimes I just get stuck on something.

volg11

Reaction score
What matters is how much u really want to make it, or not. The easy part is allways the Learning Process :eek:

eric92

Reaction score
Under events, player, keyboard, you can choose right arrow key, left, down and up arrow keys. Those are your only choices and there is no variable option, and I have seen people use the Esc key in games before.

How do I make the escape key trigger the actions instead of -str, which is (a chat string)

volg11

Reaction score
I don't want disappoint you, but Moridin's said the best option u have, i think.
If u go for the arrow keys (o esc, making it worse) u have to disable the camara moveing commands and get yourself into a place you dont want to be.
(think as a player. I use the arrows a lot for camara moveing for example. 5/10 i quit the map in the moment i realize i can use them for that :p)

eric92

Reaction score
I don't want disappoint you, but Moridin's said the best option u have, i think.
If u go for the arrow keys (o esc, making it worse) u have to disable the camara moveing commands and get yourself into a place you dont want to be.
(think as a player. I use the arrows a lot for camara moveing for example. If u take it away from me, 5/10 i quit the map there)

Hey i am the same way i use the arrow keys alot thats why i didnt want to use them for this but instead, use the escape key which does nothing. But i do not know how to use the escape key because the only options they give you are arrow keys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.