attachement

CYRRIC

Reaction score
hi i wanted to know how can i see every attachement point of a unit or any other like building (...) and maybe how can i make one if i want to add on a unit ?

i think thats all

thanks to all

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i know about this forum but what i want to know is to know how to get the all attachement point of a unit if there is a special list of them anywhere because some like the blog mage have sprite it special so i want to know how can i get all unit personal attachmen point

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
You've already been told where to find attachment point names, the next step is to experiment and see what works on whatever unit you want to attach something to.

D

daemon1129

unless I misunderstood somewhere, but I'm sure apart from buildings, all units have the same attachment points, (excluding Weapon, which is hero only). So, Ya the link says it all.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
im geting an example take the unit in undead the basic spider unit i want to put a efect on the rear yes but on the back rear "on" not under at leag or somethink like that

CYRRIC

Reaction score
ok but maybe someone can explain me if i can add a attachement point in editor even if i had to modifie the skin

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you would need a new model to create your own attachment point. Skins are just "covers" of the original model.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
ok thanks for to explain

and can you tell me how can i change those think

i tryid to modifie the visual of the weapon of tha blade master but i coulnd that only change the color but not the form even if i cut it

so how can i change form of model and how can i add path if it too dificult juste tell me why and i will try another way thanks

CYRRIC

Reaction score
thanks to all im going to see this

On previously post i wrote to know about attachement point how to create and i download all the programme i needed so

now that i saw how work them i want people who know to teach me a little if they know think to create or modifie unit

first i use the attachement point(helper) i put it on the unit(shoulder) and i named it BUT i did everythink explain in the forum i saves it i like they say buy using script ....

.. and when i start the map editor i replace the line code unit

normaly all have to work
i put a special effect in the shoulder but i does nothink SO haha that he probleme

i wanted to know if someone suceed to add a attachemet point to a unit and explain how he did it thanks i thinks it quite long to explain maybe we could do it buy msn i dont know say me what do you prefere

thanks to read and explain :)

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i'm not english ok so i try to do with symple word that eeveryone can understand and for now all the post i did has answer ok i'm dont work on computor so i'm dont hve the special word for it ok but i have explain it the better i can i think so if you dont have answeer to my probleme dont post false sentence OKKKKKKKKK

D

daemon1129

Im not expert in modeling, but if magos says u can, U can. I think it is something that it happens to people depends on their computer and stuff, me myself try to edit models, but none of them work, im not telling you to give up, but the only way is to keep trying or look for other tutorial like HIve or wc3campaign.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
just one question where is the help in your answer ... ?

i know i can do this because other can so if they can, so do i !

but the meaning is i wanted to talk to someone who suceed to modifie or create a unit and maybe talk in msn (because i know it can be take some time ^^)

thanks for people who try to help other

CYRRIC

Reaction score
up i want to know if people who know well about 3D editor model can explain me a litle

joaoac

Reaction score
Hey dude,
please!!!!!!
Before ask things, try to search and find your answers on the foruns.

There is a section called MODELS AND TEXTURES just on the TUTORIAL AND RESOURCES.

Post your model questions there. Cos there are many experts on modeling here on the Helper. But they are there, ready to answer your questions on the MODELS SECTION.

Not all units (heroes, buildings, normal units) have the same attachment point.
And I figured that it doesn't have any big table of unit's attachment points. Maybe you can build some and post to us?
(Example: Footman --> chest, arms, foot / Rifleman ----> chest, head, arms.... etc)
You must try out unit by unit, discovering which has and where are they attachs placed.

Want a tip? Build an item equipment where all attachments points are used with... er... far seer missile, for example. This way, when your unit take that equpment, it will bright lightinings on every place it has an attch. point.

And YES. You WILL need to use an external program to model your unit with the attachment points you need and then import them to your map. There are some stuff teaching this in the foruns, otherwise you can go to other foruns like hiveworkshop or wc3campaings.

:thup:

Attachments

• here.jpg
    here.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 111
  • and here.jpg
    and here.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 301
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.