Attacking Shade

nardretor

Reaction score
I have a new hero created in my map. Its model file is from a Shade. Everytime it attacks, it does nothing but standing. It doesn't seem to do any action. Any ideas how to solve this?

If you want me to change the model file of this hero to an alternative, like the Voidwalker, that ain't a solution. I should stick with this Shade. Thanks for those who will post.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
The shade doesn't have an attack animation by default, because it can't attack when playing regular Wc3.

If you have given the hero an enabled attack (damage, range, type, etc.), it should deal damage, but just doesn't show any animation of it attacking.
Does it deal damage?

Tichondrius

Reaction score
The only way to fix this would be to import a custom version of the shade model with an added attack animation.

What I did for my custom shade hero was disable it's attack and give it a spell that deals damage based on its primary attribute in the top right corner instead. It has the hotkey A so it gives it a similar feel.

Nappe

Reaction score
Other possibility would be to use Voidwalker tinted completely black, it does not look exactly same, but it looks somewhat shade-ish.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Dota... talk to Icefrog... There is a hero in that game that is based of Shade, has attack animation...i forget the name of the hero, been while since I have played Dota

nardretor

Reaction score
Is there an attacking shade in DotA? I play DotA everyday.

Oh well... I think I'll just go to Voidwalker that has tinting color of 1 on red, green and blue. Thanks.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Dota... talk to Icefrog... There is a hero in that game that is based of Shade, has attack animation...i forget the name of the hero, been while since I have played Dota
Your thinking of Enigma, and that hero isn't based on a shade. There is no hero in DotA that uses a shade as model.

95blojoe

Reaction score
I have a new hero created in my map. Its model file is from a Shade. Everytime it attacks, it does nothing but standing. It doesn't seem to do any action. Any ideas how to solve this?

If you want me to change the model file of this hero to an alternative, like the Voidwalker, that ain't a solution. I should stick with this Shade. Thanks for those who will post.

It may never have a attack art in melee but you could add a missile art and make him a long range hero

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
You can however add special effects via triggers to his hands, its not as good as a animation but at least it will have some sort of flare when attacking.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
there is a hero in dota that is based on shade's model that has attack animation...
i can't of his name, but the hero puts the enemies to sleep, sucks life, has a channeling spell that also sucks more life, and he also reduces damage for enemy heroes... dang! can't think of his name...

ahh bane elemental!

what if you make shade a range model and give it like a lightning projectile?
edit: 95blojoe took my idea....

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
the hero bane elemental in dota has the void walker model file. it is not the same as a shade.

shade.gif
voidwalker.gif

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm i wanted to do the same too. I want to use a ghost in my map, but shade doesn't have attack animations :(

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Haha, 10x to this thread i have used void walkers model and it look fantastic :))... Thanks to the creator of the thread

nardretor

Reaction score
Lol... I made this because I want to see an Attacking Shade... Voidwalkers... Im tired of seeing them...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.