Automatic spells

Tar-Quaeron

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question, or several regarding automatic abilities, i.e. abilities that you can activate by right-clicking the ability.

It is not difficult to create triggers and stuff to make a unit use its ability when you want. But first of all is there a trigger detect event that detects a right click by a player? (In JASS or Gui). And then the big problem is icon art. I've created my icon with an autocast border. But what exactly is it that creates the shiny, rotating yellow border when you rightclick an autocast ability? What is the role of the BTNAbilitynameOff icon? It appears to be exactly the same as the BTNAbilityNameOn icon. Does it only depend on the ability you base it on? This would mean that it is only possible to create an autocast ability that is based on existing autocast abilities in the blizzard wc3, meaning several problems:
1) It is impossible to create autocast area of effect spells such as Earthquake, etc because when you would click on the ability manually (i.e. no dummy casting the spell) you can't see the aoe art (race specific, do you know what I'm talking about?).
2) Every existing autocast ability comes with its own triggers (integrated into the game right?) or something like that that determine when it is cast, and that can sometimes be very inefficient (I mean from a game point of view, not the best use of your faerie fire or curse for example).

Thus is there not a way to make the icon art work on any base ability, through the activate and unactivate orders and use orders? Is there a way to make channel into an autocast ability through "base ID"?

I only care about the art really as the effect of any ability can easily be manipulated at will through dummy units, etc.

I hope at least some of what I'm trying to say will come across... I'm really also asking for clarification of what these fields "activate/unactivate/Off/use" (I'm not sure of the exact words as my editor is in French) and "base ID" in Channel do exactly. I've looked in the tutorials section but wasn't able to find anything about autocast icons/abilities (I dont mean the autocast off icon which is easy to do with W3IR but the shiny rotating autocast on border thing).

Thanks for having read through all of that (if you have ^^).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.