Basic imaging program recommendations ?

WuHT

Reaction score
Alrighty.

I'm looking for a basic photo editing program (freeware) so that i can place text onto photos. The problem is that MS paint seems to leave the background colour onto the photo, eating up more of the space than i'd want. I'm looking for something that can run on winows 2000, but nowhere near as complex as gimp (as my father has only a basic grasp of computing skills). A nice example would be kodak imaging (for those who remember win98) ..but the problem is it wont run on 2000 for me.

Basically im' looking for something slightly more powerful than MS paint (and straightforward to use), but nothing near the complexity of gimp..as i'll probably be doing is adding text to photos.

I've read the sticky, but i dont need that much power..as googling led me to download many strange programs that look like they're either for children or require em to register (my father's computer does not have an internet connection, which i plan to install via a usb flash drive)

thanks in advance

Tonks

Reaction score
GIMP is nowhere near as complex as it seems. It's possibly the best freeware for image editing, even just adding text. The Text button is the big T, and you should be able to figure it out from there.

WuHT

Reaction score
o im' fine with gimp but explaining it to my father is going to be... i guess worth the hassle .. ?

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Just for adding text. I found GIMP to be very helpful. It's much more powerful in terms of MS paint. But then again almost anything in my opinion is better then MS paint. The only thing your father is going to worry about is do you have enough space to install it(which isn't that much) and can you install it correctly. Also it's free so I really don't see why your father will have a problem with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.