Basic question about object placing.

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Hello.

I've been messing around with the editor for many years now, but no I have finally some time to really look into it with some more depth.

There is one thing though, that I cannot seem to find out. Almost every map has 'illigal' dodgad placing, eg two objects in eachothers path (a destrucable door with an arch above it, walls going into eachother etc). However, I cannot seem to find the right buttons for this or any answers on the net. It is like I am searching for an aswer so obvious that nobody even talks about it.

Please help.

Thanks. :)

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
i think [not very sure] in each doodad is an field [object editor] that is colision size and pathingmap

edit: welcome to TheHelper.net

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Hello Ranger,

Thanks for the help and welcome, though problem is not solved yet.
Screenshots below are from Warchasers Next Gen, found in the TFT Scenario map.

editorquestion.jpg

There have been no adjustments in the Object Editor, other than giving the objects a purple/red color. Note how the statue has sank in the ground: the water it normally stands in is not visible, because it is below the floor. This is not possible with normal placement. Also, the pillar is illegal placed. It is in the same area as the statue.

Second shot is even more impossible.

I selected some of these objects and moved them to a legal place. After that I tried to place them back to their old place, but this was impossible, thus there must be some key or menu that I am not able to find.

All help is appreciated!

Bas

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hold down [CTRL] to ignore the pathing map of the doodad you want to place, select the doodad and press [PicUp] / [PicDown] to change its Z-Position.

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Ah, that might be the salution, I will try that (the pc has no editor and my laptop has no internet). Thanks!

With [PicUp] / [PicDown] I assume you mean [PageUp] / [PageDown]? Stupid laptop doesn't have those keys... Ah well, knowlegde is always more important than the possibility to use it.

Thanks again!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, that might be the salution, I will try that (the pc has no editor and my laptop has no internet). Thanks!

With [PicUp] / [PicDown] I assume you mean [PageUp] / [PageDown]? Stupid laptop doesn't have those keys... Ah well, knowlegde is always more important than the possibility to use it.

Thanks again!

yes, of course, page Up / page Down, havent gotten an international Keyboard, i had to guess how they call these buttons in english xD

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
No problem, I just wanted to make sure. There are till a lot of buttons in the editor I am not familiar with. :)

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
If you don't have Page Up/Page Down, you can change the controls...
File -> Configure Controls -> Terrain -> "Selection - Decrease Z" likewise for increase.

Takes a year to load, though. :p

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Hmm.. Still not working. PageUp and Down (found the keys) only alter the Z-scale of the object, not its Z-position.

Also ctrl has no effect... Maybe I have an outdated version or mixed up controls?

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Hmm.. Still not working. PageUp and Down (found the keys) only alter the Z-scale of the object, not its Z-position.

Also ctrl has no effect... Maybe I have an outdated version or mixed up controls?

haven't tried the alternative way (File Configure Controls etc), but will try it.

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Then I believe there is something wrong with my editor. I will see if I can update or change the configuration. Thanks all! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.