BETA TESTING, Footmen vs Grunts v7.1, Starcraft II

Edward

Reaction score
Hello,
Footmen vs Grunts v7.0 is ready for Beta testing! As the map size exceeds the 2MB limit on this forum you will need to download it from here:

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/141808/

in order to receive a copy of the map for Beta Testing. This map will soon be recreated using the Starcraft II Galaxy Editor

Features:
Footmen can be upgraded late in the game for mounted footmen. Grunts can also be upgraded to chaos grunts (a custom model featuring an armored and shielded grunt).

Sixteen spike traps on the alliance side of the map, and sixteen fire traps on the horde side of the map. These traps fire automatically every 60 seconds killing all non-heros above them. The traps are marked with doodads.

Two acid pools on the alliance side that can be activated separately every 60 seconds killings all units (and heros) contained in them.

Two Blade Pools on the Horde side that have the same effect (this is my favorite trigger, as it makes the units spin in a tornado and cuts them to ribbons).

Spike barriers in front of towers that damage non-heros for 25% of their hp (cannot reduce them below 75% hp).

Mortar teams and horde demolishers replaced with cannons. An entire folder of triggers is dedicated to the realism of these cannons.

Gates that can be opened via switch. Gates can only be opened by the appropriate team.

Grief-proof unit mass.

Built-in anti-feed mechanism (move your non-hero units to the back of your castle to kill them instantly).

Credits in quest menu.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Units:
Due to the superior advantages offered by terrain on this map, ranged units have had their ranged nearly doubled, but their damage nearly halved.

Melee units have had their hp doubled and their attack power increased slightly.

Peasants can build lumber mills to harvest lumber for important upgrades and hero items (this becomes a must). Peasants are available at the hero center near the castle.

War Elephants and a special race-specific unit can be purchased at the Heart of the Alliance/Horde building to bolster your armies.

All unit spawning triggers have been optimized from Newbie-w3's original iteration by using a similar system seen in Starcraft Brood War maps for spawning units.

Caster units have had the range of their spells increased appropriately.

Raiders replaced with Blood Elf Knights.

Noble Knights and Ogre Lords are very much worth getting!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Heros:
Many more creeps and item/tome drops added.

Max level increased to 20

What I'm looking for in this BETA test:
1) Unit balancing
2) Pathing bottlenecks.
3) Unusual lag.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I might try this out today or tomorrow, but could you please post screenshots? Makes it nice too look at, instead of a wall of text :p.

Also, when formatting said text, if you leave a line between every single line then the whole thing looks like one giant paragraph....

Edward

Reaction score
I will be adding the gold on death triggers today, I will post a new version soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.