Black Arrow not spawning minions

Angrypuffin

Reaction score
I'm working on a custom map, and Black Arrow isn't spawning minions.

When playing the map, I notice that Black Arrow isn't placing the buff at all. I've right-clicked on the ability in the object editor and reset it to default; I've created a copy of the ability, and that doesn't work either.

The number of summoned units is correctly 1, the units are correct, and the Buff for each level is "Black Arrow" and "Dark Minion".

What's going on? Is my map corrupted? If so, how do I fix it?

There seems to have been a question about this before, but no conclusion was reached.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
The unit that has the ability of black arrow must be ordered by a player or a trigger to attack the desired unit to spawn minions when enemy is killed. If the unit that has the black arrow attacks an enemy by itself (What it means that when some enemy nears and unit will attack by itself), and enemy is killed, no minion will spawn.

hopy

Reaction score
If I remember correct Black Arrow only works for ranged units, so make sure your unit isn't melee.

Angrypuffin

Reaction score
It's not melee. It's ranged, and it's within the cast range for the spell defined in the object editor.

Angrypuffin

Reaction score
Yeah; duration is 2 (I tried changing it to 3, but it didn't do anything), and the target unit is "Can raise, does decay".

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Are the target units summoned as well? When I tried, Black Arrow does not work on minions which were spawned from Black Arrow. I suspect that it does not work at all on summoned units or duration limited units regardless of their death type.

Angrypuffin

Reaction score
Are the target units summoned as well? When I tried, Black Arrow does not work on minions which were spawned from Black Arrow. I suspect that it does not work at all on summoned units or duration limited units regardless of their death type.

I wish it were so simple! But the targets in question are basically normal footmen, so it should definitely work on them.

kla0005

Reaction score
Whats the Missilie Type of the Unit?
- Ive' heard that some of the missile types wont allow some kinds of Ability's..
Could that be the problem?

Bankde

Reaction score
Check if that unit having buff when you attack it (Dark Arrow Buff) If don't there's problem.

+ Some skills on warcraft is unable to change much. Ex. Inferno (It is hero skill but Infernal Machine have it!!) I have no reason to explain but if I change something (change Hero to Unit or change duration), the skill won't work at all.

Maybe it is Blizzard Bug

Angrypuffin

Reaction score
Whats the Missilie Type of the Unit?
- Ive' heard that some of the missile types wont allow some kinds of Ability's..
Could that be the problem?
Bingo! You, sir, have found it. Thank you.

All of the heroes had attack type "Missile (splash)". Black arrow only works on "Missile".

Now I just have to figure out how to design this- the ability "Orb of Annihilation" only works with "Missile (splash)", so it seems like they're mutually exclusive...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.