Bombs

Mmage

Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering how you can make "bombs" fall from the sky.
I am working on a trianglulation bomb ability from which 3 planes come from 90, 210, and 330 degrees and move toward the target point, dropping bombs as they go. The thing is, as i said before, i dont know how to make stuff fall from the sky. And i would like it to be the Gyrocopter's bomb, not like a infernal thing.

Mmage

Reaction score
wont the bombs the originate from the dummy unit and go horzontily (excuse my bad grammer) as well as vertically? and its not a AoE ability, its a line ability (like shockwave) from where the bombs drop.

Edit: Also, just throwing this in, how do u make a effect bigger (lets say i did ancestral spirit effect at a point, how would i make it BIG(ancestral is just a example, i mean for anything)).

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
personaly to make effects bigger i just make a unit, give it the model of the effect and give it locust, then remove it though traditonal means of removeing dummy units (this way may cause lagg if there are too many specal effects)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>wont the bombs originate from the dummy unit and go horzontily

If you use CRs, they'll go vertically (from the "sky" to the ground).
And yes - they'll originate from the unit itself.

>its not a AoE ability, its a line ability (like shockwave)

Shockwave will screw itself when casted in the air.

>how do u make a effect bigger

Change the model-file of a dummy unit to the path of the effect.
Add the locust ability to the unit.

Mmage

Reaction score
i know shockwave wont work in the air, it was only a example. i have 3 planes going from certain points towards target of spell and they drop bombs as they go along. there is not a set AoE, it is like shockwave, but triangulated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.