Bouncing attack + Slow poison on a tower

Terium

Reaction score
Me and my friend are trying to make a slow poison tower in a TD. The slow poison works as it should, but when we enable missile (bouncing) The Slow doesn't work. Please help!

Regards Terium

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
hey soz i gave it a shot but it took me like 1hr to try make it through triggers, and the leaks killed it anyways. If your trying to make it through objecty editor it wont work because poison and glaive don't stack. Soz

canons200

Reaction score
bounce and slow can't work together, just like dota luna takes yasha and sange it will cause the attack mailfunction, default setting by blizzard.

what i suggest it to creates dummy, and use the dummy to use slow.

Setharoth114

Reaction score
The other thing that is possible is to set up the bounce using dummy units. Have a trigger that says
"when a unit is attacked" for an event,
condition = "attacking unit-type is equal to bouncing tower OR attacking unit-type equal to boucning dummy",
events = "If attacking unit-type is equal to bouncing tower, create 1 boucning dummy at posistion of attacking unit" "add a 1 second generic expiration timer to last created unit" "order last created unit to attack attacked unit."
"If attacking unit-type is equal to bouncing dummy and Bounces less then or equal to 3 (or however many times you want it to bounce), create 1 bouncing dummy at posistion of attacked unit" "add a 1 second generic expiration timer to last created unit" "order last created unit to attack random unit within 700 range (or whatever your bounce range happens to be) matching 'matching unit is owned by player 12 Brown equal to true and matching unit is alive equal to true'
"set Bounces = Bounces + 1"
"If Bounces is greater then 3, set Bounces equal to 0."

Bounces is a basic integer that starts at 0. The Bouncing dummy should be given slow poison and the same attack projectile as the tower as well as damage.

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
I tried close to that last way but there must have been leaks or something because the bounces piled up.
Prob cause i didnt add generic timer, i set them into a unit group and destroyed them after the full bounce was done

Setharoth114

Reaction score
Unit group wouldn't work if you had more then 1 tower attacking at the same time. What I proposed might also have to be modified so that it wouldn't break if more then 1 tower attacked at the same time. Come to think of it, mine wouldn't work either because the Bounces integer would change with each attack of the tower... Possibly by using a hashtable to load the Bounce integer instead? Though I'm not sure how that would work.

Tar-Quaeron

Reaction score
For all my towers that do splash/bounce and that I want to give a special attack (ex. ice slow, poison etc) I use a trigger to create a dummy unit at the point of unit attacked (or unit damaged if you want to go for a safer damage detection system), give it the slow ability I want and then order it to attack the attacked unit for 1-1 damage. It works fine from what I've been able to see, even with 20 or so targets being attacked at the same time. This is what Cannons suggested I think. (Note the A unit is attacked event works for splash (I haven't tested for bounce) but I'm pretty sure it would work).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.