Brilliance Aura

WuHT

Reaction score
Is there a way to make sure a ceratin unit does not GET brilliance aura's mana regen (due to imbal reasons)

I mean i've already set my unit X having 0 mana regen...and that brilliance i set it to regen 1 PERCENT mana, but my unit X still recovers mana.

Now i can't use settings like non ancient and organic as thats already used for something else.

Any takers ?

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
don't give him mana?
what the point of having mana when he has 0 mana regen?

Zeromatter

Reaction score
The point of having no mana regen is so that u could use the mana as a counter for something. (Kills, ammo, number of purple spider monkeys on the map, life [it's kinda stupid, but possible], etc)

Anyways, what about using flying or mechanical. If that doesnt work, then I dont know.

WuHT

Reaction score
actually my unit is supposed to have dark ritual for no Mana cost :p
(pretty creative zeromatter, thanks for the tips :) )
Hence it's a controlled procedure
If it doesn't work then it's ok no biggie.

Zeromatter

Reaction score
Couldnt u set the cost of Dark Ritual to 0, thereby allowing ur unit to cast it w/o any mana involved, then u could remove the mana from him totally?

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
WuHT said:
actually my unit is supposed to have dark ritual for no Mana cost :p
(pretty creative zeromatter, thanks for the tips :) )
Hence it's a controlled procedure
If it doesn't work then it's ok no biggie.
If you have a dark ritual then why need brilliance aura...

But, note that 1% recovery is 1% of MAX mana, not the current one ;)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
might as well remove it from having mana -.-

btw.. its "comes" not come lol typo :D

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
lh2705 said:
might as well remove it from having mana -.-
Well, if he wants it to cast a mana-cost spell, then Dark ritual, it's his option:)
But, as stated on my post above, change the mana regen, not %, because it WILL recover 1% of MAX mana, not CURRENT

WuHT

Reaction score
well i learned a new thing now : % means % of total mana not a multiplier of current mana regen.

Its just that the brilliance aura shouldn't affect the unit with dark ritual ...which i thikn we both agree on but we dont know that yet :)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
WuHT said:
well i learned a new thing now : % means % of total mana not a multiplier of current mana regen.

Its just that the brilliance aura shouldn't affect the unit with dark ritual ...which i thikn we both agree on but we dont know that yet :)
Yes we do :)
Do not target SELF (if the dark ritual unit possesses the aura)

WuHT

Reaction score
unit Y has brilliance (he's not neccesary)
unit X has dark rit aka royal assassin... i want to make sure I can't abuse an ability that involves out right killing units.

If it can't be done then no worries

MTG 1.33 coming up ! heads up!

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
WuHT said:
unit Y has brilliance (he's not neccesary)
unit X has dark rit aka royal assassin... i want to make sure I can't abuse an ability that involves out right killing units.

If it can't be done then no worries
Make a trigger that when that specific unit X takes brilliance buff, remove it

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
What if you change in Object editor that unit type how others target it ? It could be mechanical but others could target it as doodad or destructible ? Or give it just spell immunity as starting skill.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Sooda said:
What if you change in Object editor that unit type how others target it ? It could be mechanical but others could target it as doodad or destructible ? Or give it just spell immunity as starting skill.
Generally, that would fit him, but in many maps changing one's classifation would make him imba due to the tergeting abilities.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
make the unit u dont wanna be able to regen mana be like a tauren or ancient or mech or w/e and then go to the brilliance aura and set it so it dosent affect tauren or ancient or mech or w/e

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.