Build more buildings than normally possibly via a spellbook?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I just read the first post and skimmed everything else.

You can try and make a normal list, then have an ability right next to it. When the ability activates have it disable the construction of the first units in the build list.

Err, if you didn't get that let me try and explain it better.
Have the ability be named "Toggle Structures", then have the unit build ALL the structures, the Advanced ones included. On map initialization, disable the Advanced structures. When you activate Toggle Structures, enable the Advanced and disable the Normal Structures.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm trying to make my peon able to build more buildings than normally would fit into the build menu. So I would like to make a spellbook that the peon can use to build more buildings (advanced buildings,) but still costing gold and lumber not lumber. I was thinking it would be possible to base it off of the summon great hall ability somehow but I still want the builder to disappear inside as a peon unit (orc builder) does.

Is such a thing even possible and if so how would I do it?

Thank you to everyone who tries to help me in advance. :thup: I'll try to +rep you as well if you can help me.

Zerox

How about editing the "build" ability so that you have 2 different custom ones? I've seen this in Fortress Survival where one peasant can switch between 2 different "build"s... o.0

TheCrystal

Reaction score
You can't, look at the "Build" option in the Object Editor. They probably did what I did then activated the Spellbook or something (if that's possible).

He may've just added both the builds, and checked when either one is activated. If X is activated, enable X buildings. Y is activated, enable Y abilities.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
You can't, look at the "Build" option in the Object Editor. They probably did what I did then activated the Spellbook or something (if that's possible).

He may've just added both the builds, and checked when either one is activated. If X is activated, enable X buildings. Y is activated, enable Y abilities.

Ohh, well I can de-protect the map...:shades:
And study the triggers... hehehe... >]

NVM I think I'll probably get banned here... :banghead::nuts:

TheCrystal

Reaction score
You can do your stuff on your own time, they just don't support it or allow you to upload it. I don't think they can ban you for SAYING you were going to do it, topics on the same subject just get closed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.