Can Sombody Help Me with A few Triggers Pls.

astaroth07

Reaction score
Hey there guys

im a long time wc3 fan short time map editor i was wandering if someone could help me create a trigger for me in gui pls.

the triggers i am after are:
Third person camera
hero tavern like dota(where u select ur unit and upon selection appears at set location)

now the TPV i have tried many of them aye the best 1 i found was acehearts(http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98319&highlight=third+person+view) but i do not know how to apply it to my hero and i do not understand jass. like when game starts camera is on TPV to the tavern then i select hero but the camera stays on the tavern and not the toon :( very frustrating i have try many different things but no sucess
the help would be much appreciated.

+REP for anyone who helps ty :)

astaroth07

Reaction score
1 more thing

how do i rotate buildings, doodads(like bridges) and is it also possible to make it so u walk under your bridge cause wen i place mine its at ground lvl.

Vaius

Reaction score
Whether they are added in through the WE or triggers doesn't really matter...

Anyways, for rotating buildings, just set "Stats- Is a Building" to False. It will still act as a building. However, it can't provide food, it will be labeled as a "Mechanical" unit, and it will have a "status" Label at the bottom of the armor/damage/name/etc window, but it can be rotated through the WE/triggers.

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
Preplacing is adding them on on the main WE, using the pallet.
I would add them through triggers, as it's much easier to manipulate, but what ever. Do like Vaius said, and make the buildings mechanical (if you're using the editor you'll have to specifically click on each building to select it). Then change the building's facing angle, and try changing it back to a building (I'm not sure if it won't go back to default facing angle).

astaroth07

Reaction score
Preplacing is adding them on on the main WE, using the pallet.
I would add them through triggers, as it's much easier to manipulate, but what ever. Do like Vaius said, and make the buildings mechanical (if you're using the editor you'll have to specifically click on each building to select it). Then change the building's facing angle, and try changing it back to a building (I'm not sure if it won't go back to default facing angle).

thnx agian so wat about my other problem the third person camera what i wnt it to do is wen i select my hero i wnt the camera tyo fix to my hero like on the wc3 map warchasers i know the code for the TPC but i dnt know how to apply it to a hero once selected and im thinkin i may run into the same problem wen he dies.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Well, try looking at the map warchasers, it's one of the maps that come by default with warcraft: the reign of chaos. I'm sure you can use the triggers in that map if you modify them a bit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.