Capture Points..?

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Hey,
I got a map filt up with small isles. I want a sircle of power on every one of them, and each time a player's unit enters it (the region) a invisible timer starts. After 60 seconds, and the unit hasn't left the region, then the sircle of power change owner to the player who owns the unit. And then if an other unit manage to stay in the region for an other 60 seconds the sircle change owner. A player who manage to take over 15/20 sircles wins the game.

How can i get this to work..?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I got a map filt up with small isles. I want a sircle of power on every one of them, and each time a player's unit enters it (the region) a invisible timer starts. After 60 seconds, and the unit hasn't left the region, then the sircle of power change owner to the player who owns the unit. And then if an other unit manage to stay in the region for an other 60 seconds the sircle change owner. A player who manage to take over 15/20 sircles wins the game.

Have a building somewhere for every circle, Then you have that building starts producing a dummy unit that takes 60seconds to train.
make a region for the circle, and store the reffered "entering unit" as variable.
If unit enters region, train dummy unit.
Unit leaves region, stop producing unit. (You need a special script line for this)
Unit finishes production, then change owner of circle.

Line for canceling train order: call IssueImmediateOrderById(Unit, 851976)
just change the unit to reffered unit, in this case you may need a variable:eek:

eloytoro

Reaction score
Samael's solution its a little complicated, i prefer...
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Playable map area) contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Integer Equal to 60
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Change ownership of Circle of Power 0002 <gen> to (Owner of (Picked unit)) and Change color
                    Else - Actions
            Else - Actions
                Set Integer = 0

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Samael's solution its a little complicated, i prefer...

That is just if you are lazy:p
It would only need three triggers per circle and if you got 20 circles it is 60 trig..
I see what you mean, did not think of that:banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.