Casting range issue.

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I don't know if this has ALWAYS happened, maybe it has, but I've just noticed today...I set an ability's max range to 150 (To emulate melee range). Then I test the map, and cast the ability on a unit. Using a range trigger, I notice that the ability was casted from 208 range away, NOT 150.

Why is it going over the maximum range? To actually get it to 150, I have to set the ability's max range to around 80...it's weird.

Thanks.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Well as you cast the spell, it sets the target. And as they move out of range it still continues actions, unless you pause the target, then unpause.

lovexylitol

Reaction score
Now i'm not saying this on any proof.

Maybe it has something to do with unit collision size?
If changing collision size changes the result of the range check trigger, than maybe that is a factor in casting spells.

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Now i'm not saying this on any proof.

Maybe it has something to do with unit collision size?
If changing collision size changes the result of the range check trigger, than maybe that is a factor in casting spells.

I was thinking about this, actually. I'm not sure. It's definitely something to consider. It's certainly throwing off my abilities!

To the other replier, the target that I'm testing it with is stationary.

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It's a custom ability...but it's a unit target type of ability. It's based off of Cripple.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet your method of checking range is a trigger checking the distance between points, am I right?

Distance between points does not take collusion size into account while a spell's range does.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.