Chain Quests

Madpassion

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm making an RPG as an experiment, and I'm facing a small obstacle. I have created a quest to kill 5 spiders and that works fine and all. But what I would like to do is make a chain quest. For example I want to be able to finish the spider quest and somehow activate the next quest. How would I go about doing this?
Thanks

jarg1985

Reaction score
Events-Periodic Event- Every 2 sec of game

Conditions- Spider Quest is Completed =true

Actions-Quests - Enable "Your next quest" set a variable for it and then plug it into "Your next quest" spot.

Madpassion

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Uhm, ok so I've enabled the next quest... but it dosn't seem to work. I've added the file to look at. Big map but not much to look at so far, just triggers and crap for what's there.

Attachments

• RPG.w3x
    99.3 KB · Views: 168

jarg1985

Reaction score
I put a new trigger in your map for you, try it out, disable your old one of course first ;)

Attachments

• RPG.w3x
    100 KB · Views: 163

Madpassion

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check it out in a sec.

Nah, dosn't seem to have made a difference. I disabled my old "Spider Complete" trigger and now it dosn't "complete"the quest when I kill 4 or 5 or however many. I think there may be something wrong with my second quest and using custom items. Thanks for the help anyways.

jarg1985

Reaction score
You probably have an error in your inital quest set-up then or in naming your quest variables. Look over it and test it all, then see how it works.

Madpassion

Reaction score
Yea, I think I might start the quest triggers again, and keep it simple rather than having passive spiders that you have to click attack > spider, and not having quests that require you to get an item that I've made.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.