Challenge for some of you, I need help

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
THE CODE IS POSTED ON THIS PAGE, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT, THANKS

I've been trying to create a trigger that seems almost impossible for me to create. First I'm going to try to give you as much information as I can.

Here's the information:

There are 8 builders and 4 vampires, each of the 8 builders have something called "Base Control" which is a circle of power in each of the base's entrances. Inside of their base is something called "Harvester Control"(which is the teleporter to the Green Areas) which is also a circle of power. By accessing the Harvester control, players can manage their Green Areas(What their Harvester Circle of Power teleports them to) which is an area their Harvesters teleport for trees and harvesting. Only the harvesters and the vampire can access the Green Area, the builders cannot. Because of this, there are 8 different Green Areas, which are not assigned to any builder until a Harvester from the owner of the Base, which the Harvester Control is in, is entered. (<--confusing sentence, I know) Also, the Bases are not owned until entered by a Builder. Sooooo.. the problem here for me is the following:

In my trigger, I recognize who is entering the base, setting all necessary conditions (IE: checking the color of the player, seeing if he already owns a Green Area, etc).. I also check if their Green Area is closed or opened depending on the Owner's choice (they might not want their teammate's harvesters in their area, so they have the option to close the harvester area to keep them from going inside)

So when the Builder first gets their Base, they still don't have a Green Area until they enter the Harvester Control circle of power, which RANDOMLY PICKS ONE OF THE 8 GREEN AREAS THAT ARE NOT CONTROLLED CURRENTLY and teleports their harvester to it, so after that happens, those two teleporters (the Harvester Control and the Green Area) are now connected.. so my problem is this: I cannot connect the two circle of powers together and assigned to that player.

This is what I've tried doing:
-using unit groups to easily and randomly teleport and link(which doesn't work for me for some odd reason)

So, as you can see, I hope you have enough information about my current situation concerning this trigger.

Long story short, I need the teleporters to link with eachother and also account the necessary conditions whenever the teleporter is entered by a vampire or a Harvester.

If you need any more information, let me know. Also, I can PM you the map if you're interested in seeing the triggers and my 100 variables for messy triggers (this is why I don't want to post it, it's very hard to understand the variables I use and the triggers associated with them)

Thanks to any help, and +rep to it as well.
Refer to the images on the bottom for additional information.

EDIT: I want to tell you guys the conditions that I need to checked for when the Harvester Teleporter is first entered and after they're assigned here they are.

When it's first entered:
-Check which player (1-8)
-What base they own (1-9)
-If it's not the owner's Harvester that's entering, it won't do anything
-It only activates if the Harvester enters it, not vampire/builder

After the two teleporters are linked:
-Check if it's open/closed if it's not the owner's harvester
-check if it's a vampire
-Check if they still own the base that the harvester teleporter is in
-If it is closed, it will port the other harvesters to the side of the teleporter

Will add more if I missed anything.

Attachments

• Teleport - 1.jpg
    Teleport - 1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Teleport - 2.jpg
    Teleport - 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 78

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
it looks like you already have triggers down, so this leads me to ask... exactly where is the problem? You have only told us the concept of what you want to do, but what is going wrong with your own triggers that require our help?

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
my problem is this: I cannot connect the two circle of powers together and assigned to that player.

Long story short, I need the teleporters to link with eachother and also account the necessary conditions whenever the teleporter is entered by a vampire or a Harvester.

The above was all in the OP, i'm guessing you didn't take the time to read it lol.
gah, some people need to read things more carefully lol

What's going wrong with them? Well, I've already told you (again, in the OP) what I've tried doing, and it didn't work.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
My map is sitting at almost 900 KB :(

Here is how each of the triggers I'm linking work.

I made, in total, 24 triggers because I have 8 bases. (3 [the triggers] times[x] 8[How many bases there are)

The first three triggers are for Base 1 out of 8.

The first one is when the player's Harvester FIRST enters the Harvester Control Teleporter. It then moves the Harvester to a random unit from the HarvesterTP_Group(which is the green areas), after that, the trigger is turned off and the second trigger is then activated.

The second one activates when the unit ENTERS the green area, then it removes the Green Area Teleporter from the HarvesterTP_Group and puts it into the owner's TP group(PlayerHarvestArea1), this group will ONLY HAVE the player's Green Area Teleporter in it. This one is now turned off and the third one is activated.

The third one is turned on automatically with the second one. It just checks if the Green Area is closed, if it's a harvester or not, etc.. all those necessary conditions that I've stated previously.

Things you should know:
-P1B1, etc means he is player one and that he owns base 1, etc.
-Survivor = the Builder
-P1OPEN checks if the Harvester Control Teleporter is Open
-Base1Cntrl checks if the base is in control or not.
-InsideHarvester TP1 means he's inside the Green Area.
-HarvOpen checks if the player has an open Green Area for his teammates.
-Used unit groups to get the random teleports, then I remove the unit from the available Green Area Group and put it in the Player's Teleporter Group after to make them link.
-This is for the third trigger: "PlayerHarvestArea1" is the ONE unit inside the player's Teleporter Group, it is the green area.
-

Any other questions.. please lemme know.
FIRST TRIGGER:

Trigger:
  • ENTER H TP 1 START
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Harvester TP 1 &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • Base1Cntrl Equal to True
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Harvester
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Vampire
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • P1B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set UNIT = (Triggering unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of UNIT using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportCaster.mdl
          • Set SpecialEffect = (Last created special effect)
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from HarvestTP_Group))
          • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffect
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: You are not in cont...
          • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • P2B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of UNIT using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportCaster.mdl
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from HarvestTP_Group))
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: You are not in cont...
          • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • P3B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • P4B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • P5B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • P6B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • P7B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • P8B1 Equal to True
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ONE

SECOND TRIGGER:

Trigger:
  • InsHarv 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters INSIDE HarvTP1 &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Vampire
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; from HarvestTP_Group
      • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
      • Set HarvOpen1 = True
      • Unit - Change ownership of Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
      • Set H_TP_1 = True
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea1
          • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
          • Set P1OPEN = True
          • If (P1B1 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H1 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
          • If (P1B2 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H2 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
          • If (P1B3 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H3 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
          • If (P1B4 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H4 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
          • If (P1B5 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H5 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
          • If (P1B6 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H6 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
          • If (P1B7 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H7 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
          • If (P1B8 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H8 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea2
              • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
              • Set P2OPEN = True
              • If (P2B1 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H1 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
              • If (P2B2 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H2 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
              • If (P2B3 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H3 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
              • If (P2B4 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H4 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
              • If (P2B5 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H5 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
              • If (P2B6 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H6 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
              • If (P2B7 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H7 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
              • If (P2B8 Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn on H8 CLOSED &lt;gen&gt;) else do (Do nothing)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea3
                  • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
                  • Set P3OPEN = True
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea4
                      • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
                      • Set P4OPEN = True
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea5
                          • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
                          • Set P5OPEN = True
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea6
                              • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
                              • Set P6OPEN = True
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea7
                                  • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
                                  • Set P7OPEN = True
                                • Else - Actions
                                    • If - Conditions
                                    • Then - Actions
                                      • Unit Group - Add Circle of Power 0008 &lt;gen&gt; to PlayerHarvestArea8
                                      • Set HarvCntrl1 = True
                                      • Set P8OPEN = True
                                    • Else - Actions

THIRD TRIGGER:

Trigger:
  • H1 CLOSED
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Harvester TP 1 &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • Base1Cntrl Equal to True
        • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea1))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P1OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea1))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of B1 P1 &lt;gen&gt;)
              • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea2))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P2OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea2))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 2 (Blue)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea3))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P3OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea3))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 3 (Teal)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea4))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P4OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea4))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 4 (Purple)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea5))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P5OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea5))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 5 (Yellow)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea6))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P6OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea6))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 6 (Orange)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea7))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P7OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea7))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 7 (Green)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Skip remaining actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea8))
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • P8OPEN Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to (Position of (Random unit from PlayerHarvestArea8))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Name of Player 8 (Pink)) + has denied access of all Survivors from entering the base.)
              • Skip remaining actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: THREE

Shura

Reaction score
Maybe add some spoiler tags to those triggers so people don't have to scroll through them to reach the bottom of the page?

Shura

Reaction score
put the text and such between [ SPOILER ] and [ /SPOILER ] without the spaces.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I don't think it worked :banghead:

for some odd reason, it works on other threads instead of this one? I must be missing something..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.