changing a unit name in game

Rep7a

Reaction score
Is there a way, i could make a trigger, to actually change a specific units name in game

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible.

H

Hjalle

The only option would be to make an exact copy of that unit in the object editor with a different name on it. And then trigger it to make it look like he changes name, by replacing the old unit and then select the new one for the player. If it is a hero you need to transfer the items thought.

M

Mythic Fr0st

No it is not possible, never, ever, only because blizzard never added that option, for them I am sure it would be simple to do, but no sorry

Evoroth

Reaction score
The easiest way, I think, is using the Berserker Upgrade. I have never done this before, though, so I can guarantee that it works.
Make one costum unit with the first name, and another unit with the same stats, but with the other name. Then base an upgrade on "Berserker Upgrade", and change "Data - Effect 1 - Unit Type Affected" to the first unit, and "Data - Effect 2 - Unit Type Affected" to the other unit.

And when you want to unit to change name, just give the upgrade to the player owning the unit.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
However, with that, you can't change back. Upgrades cannot be undone.

Evoroth

Reaction score
I'm not into upgrades, but if you unlike abilities can have two upgrades based on the same base upgrade, you can make an inverted upgrade to change back. I hope you're not planning to change too many times, since you will need one upgrade for every time you change...

Kershbob

Reaction score
You don't need to use upgrades for that method you could just add several chaos abilities to make several changes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.