Changing Flying Height not working

colinjames12

Reaction score
I know this question has already been asked many times in many threads but I already did what has been told in these threads and it still doesn't work.
Trigger:
  • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to Magmatic Thrust 0127 <gen>
    • Unit - Remove Storm Crow Form from Magmatic Thrust 0127 <gen>
    • Animation - Change Magmatic Thrust 0127 <gen> flying height to 1.80 at 1.00

What I want is to have a falling molten rock that will damage enemies once it falls on the ground. So I did a test with a dummy unit to make sure it will work. And here I am trying to make it work. I already made the dummy unit a flying unit, made its height minimum 0, and gave it a speed base of 1. Its starting height is 1000 and it will fall in the ground after 1.8 sec (height/rate = time). It has the locust ability and invulnerability (not sure if it will cause any problem). I've removed the requirements for the storm crow form ability, mana cost to 0, and casting time to 0.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The values are off. The first value is the resulting height, and the second value is the speed at which it falls, in units per second. Try this:
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change Magmatic Thrust 0127 <gen> flying height to 0.00 at (1000 / 1.8)

colinjames12

Reaction score
I don't get it. They said that the first value was the resulting height and the second value is the rate. And height/rate is the time for the unit to get to the height. Are they wrong or are you sure about that? Anyway, I'm gonna try that and see if it works.

Edit: It works!! But why does everybody and every thread about flying height says that the first value is the height, the second value is the rate and height/rate is the time? That made me confused but it's all clear to me now. Thank you very much!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.