Changing Messages

Azedenkae

Reaction score
How do I change messages for a certain player?

I have 2 problems, 1 is where the food used will hit the food supplied, and because I pre-select the player as night elf, it'd go 'Create more Moon Wells to continue unit production.', but I want to change it. So I did find the exact place in the Game Interface where it has the list, but the problem is how to actually change the text to appear as such, not 'Create more Moon Wells to continue unit production.'. Any ideas? I think it has something to do with hide the 'Create more Moon Wells to continue unit production.' and show the other text.

The other one is at the beginning. The player will start with a different building other than the Tree of Life, so whenever the game starts, it goes 'Will reveal map if you don't build a Tree of Life' and the timer will run. How do you get rid of the timer, the text AND the revealing?

Thanks to anyone who can help! ^^

And rep too, if you want.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
'Create more Moon Wells to continue unit production.'
Open world editor > Advanced > Game interface > Scroll down to "Text - Message - Build more farms.." Check that u want to use "custom game interface". And change it to whatever. Remember that the first text you give will be for human players, next is orc, then undead then nightelf. How to know which text is the "next"? , <-- that sign.

For your second Q. Remove the Melee triggers.
Cheerio;)

Azedenkae

Reaction score
I already did that >.>

What I mean is like this is like a 5th race, so it has nothing to do with the other 4, so I want to create a 5th message. >>

And the second one, I still want the message if the particular unit is not build, but no message if it is...

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Map Initilazation -- Enable/Disable Victory/Defeat conditions.

Delete that in your starting Map Initilazation trigger.

Okay crud, i dunno how to spell it, can someone help me out here?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> What I mean is like this is like a 5th race, so it has nothing to do with the other 4, so I want to create a 5th message. >>

You can't add text messages such as these for a 5th race. They are hard-coded into the game, since 4 races are in warcrfat3.

You have one thing you can do as ManyTimes said. As you locked your race to Night Elf, it will display the Night Elf messages. Change those Night Elf messages to whatever you want, so they become that for your 5th race. Problem is, nobody will be able to choose Night Elves anymore and get normal messages displayed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.