Civilization IV Warcraft Edition Project

C

chriscisco

Well I have decided that I am going to pull an almsot all nighter and come up with a complete outline which can be post ed in the right forum by sunday at the latest.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
WindexGlow have some fath. Sometimes all you need is the right motivation. Let's just hope he has the right motivation.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Hopefully as the first person who didn't immediately flame you, here's some tips:

1. This project is extremely ambitious if you're new to world editor, or even mildly experienced. I don't think I would have the patience to even write all of the information down.

2. As the map Producer/Manager/whatever, you should have at least a basic knowledge of GUI and possibly JASS, too make sure that the triggers work properly.

3. The little message on the reputation count does not at all determine how helpful you are. It's more of... how many people think you're helping, and how funny you are.

4. Most people who mod Warcraft are about... I'd say 12-19, on average. There might be a few older people here and there. Keep that in mind when you're talking to us.

5. I myself am balancing a school life, social life, and 3 extracurricular classes at the same time. Don't think that we have no lives. I remember a couple months ago some jock wanted to start modding or something, and he was all hostile to... most of us. I have no idea how that's related to the actual topic.

6. CIV IV is extremely complex, and even a team of the most experienced modders (Say... elmjr3, 2-P, Acehart, and Pyrogasm) wpuld have to take a fairly long time to make this. I'm just reitterating this from the first bullet.

But all in all, it's fun watching people flame each other. When it's not directed at me.

3. For modelers, go to Hiveworkshop.com, and go to the forums and ask for modelers there. Hopefully that experience will be better than this one.

C

chriscisco

... Well since I am going to keep this trying and go to the right forum when I finish the last few things.

But Still I guess that because the age in 14-19 which already puts me out of the loop, I gues people to not understand what goes into a complete development.

Again I was never asking for people who must help me, I was asking for voluteers.

I already have a basic knowledge, a basic knowledge is easy, I am a programming ecpert outside of jass, it is not that hard to learn the basic's, I have also played with tweaking units and 3D animation, and placing objects on the map, but you know those I have said and said again there are people who can do them better, and I would like them to assist me in a team.

Why do I feel like we are going backwards.

Johnnyfire has said that no one will get crdit other than me, shall we go back and look.

I will bring this up from the second post.

"Apparently you missed the concept completely, I nor my friend will be 100%of the credit, we will not be taking much credit at all, the credit will be fair to the work that is done, and will be properly noted both in the game as a victory video and the website I am putting together for the game."

So seriouly shove it, right there is proof that the credit will be given fairly, and thats all I will say.

It seems as if the word producer causes more harm than good, but I will still us it, because I came up with the idea, I am the one if any money gets put in, I spent it.

If you notice though I am the project manager, and why do you guys not think managing is hard? I cannot for the life of me figure this out? Please explain nicely.

CIV IV is extremely complex, and even a team of the most experienced modders (Say... elmjr3, 2-P, Acehart, and Pyrogasm) wpuld have to take a fairly long time to make this. I'm just reitterating this from the first bullet.

Again, I was looking for all the roles now, not when I needed them, so yes models and voice were on there, but they would be the last added.

Plus there are 1000's of models out there that would fill alot of the places.

I have more than enough patience to write it all down.

Please quote me were I said that I was looking for harcore people to work non-stop until this project is done, I have only ever wanted a few people to do work when they want on their free time to work with me on it.

I myself am balancing a school life, social life, and 3 extracurricular classes at the same time. Don't think that we have no lives. I remember a couple months ago some jock wanted to start modding or something, and he was all hostile to... most of us. I have no idea how that's related to the actual topic.

Ok there, I am only hostile because the first shot was fired against me. I have never and will never be like that if people show respect.

Edit:

It is not as complex as it may seem, the actual game or the source code with you can get.

I have been able so far to reduce it quite a bit and still keep things like cutlre and greast people and most wonders building and units.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
OK. Too bad I can't help you with it. Wish I can. But I can't. But one thing you should know is modders are like another word for mapmakers. The four listed are like the best in this site. I don't know best. But they are way up there. But just to be sure. Can you give like a quest to see if I can or can not really help you out? My summer starts this week and I'm going to have a lot more time on my hands. I'm not really good but I might be able to help until you get someone better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.