Collision and pathing problem

naughty

Reaction score
I think i have tried everything but i simply can't make a unit have no collision (which can also pass through units and trees/cliffs) and move in a straight line. So if there are trees and the unit has no collision if you want the unit to move to the other side of the trees the unit will go round it even though it can move through them. Same goes for cliffs. Any ideas how to make the unit go straight? Its a spell and when i cast it i want to get this effect. The unit should not be always a flying unit or so.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try giving the unit the "Ghost (Visible)" Ability.

naughty

Reaction score
I have tried that. Ghost Visible doesn't even allow the unit to move through trees and cliffs.

naughty

Reaction score
Flying units when they come to trees they go up, their flying height is changed automatically. That doesn't look good for a ground unit :/

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Flying units when they come to trees they go up, their flying height is changed automatically. That doesn't look good for a ground unit :/

Jedi's right about a flying unit, try setting your unit or your dummy unit flying height to 0 and set their movement type to flying.
try it and you'll get what i meant.

and also check this thread..
Collision problem...

Hope usefull;)

naughty

Reaction score
I set my unit as a flying unit.

If the tree has "Art - Fly-Over-Height = 100" then the unit will go 100 points up before getting near the tree, but that can be solved by setting the field to zero.

The problem when the ground unit has movement type "Fly" is when you climb over the cliff the unit looks like its flying over it, and i cannot find a solution cos for the cliffs there is no flying over height field :/

EDIT: And yes i have tried it, i have set the flying height to the unit to 0 but it happens as i am saying. You please try walking the flying unit near trees that have fly over height more than 0 and try walking it over cliffs. It definitely does not look good.

naughty

Reaction score
have you try this on your unit.?
Trigger:
  • Unit - Turn collision for your unit Off

I think i have tried everything possible :/

That allows ground units to go through trees and cliffs but you have to click on the unit to go there like 10000 times until it starts listening, otherwise it moves like it will collide with the tree or cliff where pathing is available.

For flying units it simply does nothing. Flying units move as they are told cos there is nothing to collide with but over trees and cliffs it looks ugly :/.

I guess i'll just make the spell with collision off and anyone who plays it will have to rage click until it gets there :S

Jedi

Reaction score
Have you tried set morphed unit type's Movement - height and Height minimum 0 or something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.