Combining Hero and Another Unit

Siefer

Reaction score
I hope this question hasn't been asked before.

As usual, I'll start off by saying what I want:
You got one hero. You have another non-hero mount unit. I want the hero to have a nonhero ability to mount that unit. They become one new (hero) unit. It would have some new abilities and stuff, as if he used Metamorphisis or some other transformation ability.

So, if you haven't figured it out yet, I was wondering how I would go about giving a hero the ability to mount another unit, turning it into a new unit.

*Preferrably, the new unit would be the same as the old only with some changes, like faster movement speed, increased range, as if he had used Metamorphisis or something. So, if this mounted hero killed things, he would gain experience and stuff, and abilities used while mounted would still have their cooldowns when he turned back.*

Someone once told me that the hipogryph/archer mounting abilities can only be done if the units used were based off of those units. If that's true, that ability won't be an option.

So, now that I've phrased and rephrased my question as clearly as possible:
help, please?

M

Mythic Fr0st

Hmm

I'm checking in ability editor at mount o_O i have idea's XD

OK custom ability - Mount hypogryph lol, Did I spell that right o_O

3 sections,
Move to unit
Partner unit type (Being the unit to ride)
Resulting Unit type (the unit it transforms you into)

Change partner unit type, to the non hero
Resulting unit type, hmm? you'd perhaps have to make a custom model, lol or something, ^_^

So, you'd just have to change the speed & add your abilities and such to the "Resulting unit type"

Siefer

Reaction score
So, would that make a completely new unit?
Because it's a hero, so I still want him to turn back after awhile, and to gain experience and stuff. As if they casted Metamorphisis, only they need another unit to do it. So, the new unit is the hero on a mount, so he still has his old abilities with the same levels, only he's better.

N

nHol

You can make any unit "ride another unit" in a sense without custom modeling although the results aren't always the best. If you want to have, say a footman ride a dragon what you need to do is set up a passive ability that gives a buff. We'll call the buff "Mount". Under the mount buff change "art - target" to the footman model and "art - target attachment point 1" to "origin". You could also try "mount" or "chest", but I've found that "origin" generally works the best.

Now set up three units. I'm calling mine:
Footman - footman model
Dragon - dragon model
Footman (mounted) - dragon model with the passive ability that gives the mount buff.

Give the Footman an edited form of Metamorphis called "Mount Dragon" or something and give this same ability to Footman (mounted) as well. In the ability change "Data - normal form" to Footman and "Data - alternate form" to Footman mounted

Now you have an ability that changes a footman into a dragon that looks like it has a footman riding on it. You can fully customize the stats of the dragon to anything you want and all the hero's abilities should remain in tact because you are using metamorphasis.

Now just set up a trigger that looks like this:

Melee Initialization
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Mount Dragon
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 256.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Picked unit) Equal to Dragon
Then - Actions
Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
Wait 30.00 seconds (or whatever the length of the Metamorphasis lasts)
Unit - Create 1 Dragon for (Triggering player) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 128.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (Percentage life of (Triggering unit))%
Skip remaining actions
Else - Actions
Do nothing
Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: There are no dragons in the area

I think this leaks, but I'm just learning about leaks, and couldn't help you there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.