Command center reactor not working.

Bdawg

Reaction score
Hey Siretu I was wondering if you could help me on the command center reactor?
I have the upgrade in the command center when I click it changes the look of the command center but does not allow you to build 2 scvs at a time like other tech reactors

Also on the upgrades that I put in dont go away after I reasearch them. I cant figure out how to fix this.

THX
BDAWG OUT

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Hey Siretu I was wondering if you could help me on the command center reactor?
I have the upgrade in the command center when I click it changes the look of the command center but does not allow you to build 2 scvs at a time like other tech reactors

There is a buff called Nuclear Reactor - Queue Buff and it is this buff which grants a building the capability of training/researching 2 units at a time. On the buff, under the behaviours tab in the modification property, there are two sub properties: Queue Count and Queue Size. Queue Count increases the number of queues (number of tasks that can be done at the same time) by this value and Queue Size increases the number of tasks that can be placed in the queue. In order for your command center to build 2 SCVs at a time, it must have this buff. By default, your command center won't have this buff so you will need to add it via the Behaviours: Behaviours + property on the unit. Finally since you want to have to upgrade the command center, you need to create a requirement which will check if the upgrade has been completed. Note that by default, this buff has the requirement that a reactor must be attached so you will need to remove that and add your new requirement via the Behaviour: Requirements property on the buff. See further below about how to create requirements.

FYI, if your still planning on having other buildings being able to attach reactors to give them the "train 2 units at once" feature then you are better off duplicating the buff so you don't screw it up for the other buildings.

Also on the upgrades that I put in dont go away after I reasearch them. I cant figure out how to fix this.

THX
BDAWG OUT
This is a requirement issue. Any buildings that can perform upgrades must have a Research ability. On the research ability for your building, open up the Ability: Info + property and your research/upgrade. In here there is a requirement property which you must edit. You need to set the Info - Button - State value to Restricted (this basically means that the button will check for requirements) and set the Info - Button - Requirements to your requirement.

If you scroll across to the Requirement data type, you can create a new requirement. The main property that you need to edit is the : Requirement + property. In here you can basically create your own "if condition". If the result returns true, then the requirement is considered as being passed. You will probably notice that in the left pane, there is two sub folders: Use and Show, where you can add your requirement nodes under. Use the Use folder if the requirement affects when the something can be used and use the Show folder to affect when a button is shown/hidden in the command card. You can actually use both folders if required. For creating a requirement which hides upgrades when they have been completed, use the Show folder.
In this case, you want to create a requirement that checks if the upgrade has been researched. So right-click and add a new requirement node and set the type to Greater than or Equal to. Now you need to create a couple of sub nodes (right-click then Add Requirement Node) with which the "Greater than or Equal to" will compare. Set the type of your first sub node to Count Upgrade, Alias to the name of your upgrade the requirement will be used for. and State to In Progress or Better. On the second sub node, set the type to Constant and set the value to 1. Now you can hit ok and your done.

Let me know if you have trouble creating a requirement for the first part and I can post a solution.

Also you may want to get a mod to move these last two posts into a new thread (you should always start a new question in a new thread :))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.