Community Minigame Project

Outbreak191

Reaction score
I was just thinking that we should get a good community project going when I played a game of Uther Party and thought that it would be the perfect kind of map for many people to help towards.
I'll make 1 minigame and then post the map up here and then we each take turns making minigames for it until its done. If you are editing it remember to post on this topic that you are so we don't get multiple versions going at a time and then when you're done post your version of the map up.
So do you think this will work?

Stuck on ideas of what to do on it? Here are some features it needs:

-+ Leaderboard/Multiboard. Theres already a Player_Score variable that you can use.

-+ A random minigame selection system that random selects minigames but doesn't play one more than once per game

-+ Minigames!

Currently being edited: Yes

Please check the last few posts to be sure of this as I cannot be on all the time to check.

Newest Version to my knowledge:
here

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It might work, unless you get a map stealer that comes up in here xD :(

B

bugi_bi

great idea..and i mean really great idea...dont worry about map stealers, they wont get far...

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
If this project turns out well, I would be willing to create a mini game, though later rather than sooner. So sign me up, and good luck with all this.

The Hegemuffin

Mullit

Reaction score
it will be good if we can get enough people to make minigames. im in if we can get enough people.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Ok I've done my minigame, if you want to test it then set the Speed Typing trigger to run on Map Initialization. If you want to edit it next then post on this thread that you do but make sure no one else is at that moment, its first come first serve.

Attachments

• Community Minigame Project.w3x
    46.6 KB · Views: 169

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Sadly my wc3 CD is seriously messed up and I can't reinstall it :(.

But I'm still willing to help towards this in anyway possible.

@Outbreak191: Shall I attach a list of mini game ideas?

~Jindo

C

CenshiCheese

I got an idea for a game, How bout a game where your a tower, and can upgrade yourself, but it takes time to upgrade so you will take some dmg from otehr players, but do more dmg once your done upgrading. somn like that.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Only just got back to the list, just now came up with a few more, I'm up to 13 now.

It'd probably be pointless to start a thread on ideas or post them here, so I'll just send the document when I've got to about 30 :p.

RANDOM IDEA: Here's how I think the scoring should work (assuming you have 12 players:

1st - 10 points | 1st - 10 | 1st - 10
2nd - 8 points | 2nd - 9 | 2nd - 8
3rd - 6 points | 3rd - 8 | 3rd - 6
4th - 4 points | 4th - 7 | 4th - 4
5th - 3 points | 5th - 6 | 5th - 2
6th - 2 points | 6th - 5
7th - 1 point | 7th - 4
8th - 1 point | 8th - 3
9th - 0 points | 9th - 2
10th - 0 points | 10th - 1
11th - 0 points
12th - 0 points

What I mean is, in every mini game, the amount of points you get depends on what position you come in :).

~Jindo

C

CenshiCheese

Perhaps we should do a point system like golf or hearts, the one with the least score wins, would make it seem less like Uther Party.

1st-0
2nd-1
3rd-2

and so forth

B

bugi_bi

can i create minigame and post it...if someone has taken map please post it here so we know it is free to edit...

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A drawing contest? One building that, when build, changes colour to red, etc.

B

bugi_bi

i am editing map. ill post the edited map here...
24 hours aprox..

B

bugi_bi

bump!
i cannot load the map...says it cannot load tree model....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.