constancy form in other unit - hero skill help

E

eXs

Hello guys, I have problem :<
I want make a skill to my rpg map. I have hero, and I want hero change to other unit after click on skill in game.
Skill will be constancy(permament, stability, I am not good in English so I use this phrases..), NOT temporarily(such how " Ilidan's metamorpohosis"..)
I made this, based on skill "Crow Form of Night Elf's Druid of The Talon", but in game, at hero after click in a skill occurs a crash, and error ;*(

Tesed at many units from different races and not working always crash&error ;*(

I am newbie with WE, but I know more or less what, where, and where ;>

Help plz...

Knatten

Reaction score
Does the skill makes him morph into another hero or a non-hero unit? Do both units have the morph ability?

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
Dunno excactly what you mean. Do you mean something what can be reversed by the user manually (like bearform, crowform....)
Well you can try additionally to crowform, to base your ability on bearform or Robogoblin

//THIS IS ONLY RELEVANT IF YOU WANT AN UNREVERSABLE MORPH
you could do this using the chaos-morph ability of the orc-campaign.

However it has some issues.
You will have to remove every item which changes heros stats and every aura from the hero before adding chaos to the unit (otherwise these stats will be added to the heros stats after morphing permanently ...means ..double bonusses from auras, items etc ..which is not wanted for sure), this can be reversed after the hero is actually morphed of course, by readding the auras (if he got some) and items.
Adding Chaos to the Unit cant be done without triggers.
dunno, do you understand jass, approximately not :(
Well i think using chaos might be a really tough task for beginners :/

E

eXs

....and one another question:
how to make, by hero when in form has other skills?
I was make other skills to learn to form, and to normal hero but in normal and in form I can learn only one of skills, skills normal hero ;<

cOdFiShY

Reaction score
this may not be what you are asking, but you could always make a trigger along the lines of

events:
(hero) casts ability
conditions:
ability = to (morph spell)
actions:
Hide (hero)
Spawn 1 (new hero) for player (owner of (hero)) at (triggering unit)

Hows that for a newb? lol..

BTW im the newb i am talking about :D

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
....and one another question:
how to make, by hero when in form has other skills?
I was make other skills to learn to form, and to normal hero but in normal and in form I can learn only one of skills, skills normal hero ;<

You could add a ability based of "Egineering Upgrade" to the unit when it uses morph and remove it again when he morphes back to change the abilities he has.
To do this you have to trigger it of course, but i think it would work.

Another possibility is to have only dummy spells on your hero, and do all the effects with triggers, and detect in the triggers if unit is morphed or not and do different thins based on that fact.

E

eXs

You could add a ability based of "Egineering Upgrade" to the unit when it uses morph and remove it again when he morphes back to change the abilities he has.
To do this you have to trigger it of course, but i think it would work.

Another possibility is to have only dummy spells on your hero, and do all the effects with triggers, and detect in the triggers if unit is morphed or not and do different thins based on that fact.
ok, i tryed your way with some little modyfications and this work! :D
thx for replies and +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.