Constant Chrono Boost at specific point as "Special Effect"

Nyrano

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am struggling with a problem in my map making. Just a few hours ago I completed all the technical triggers with my Towers Defense map, and now I want to add a nice special effect at the points where the creeps will spawn.

My concept was to create a Chrono Boost buff effect which is constant and stays there for the entire game. I already discovered that it wasn't as easy as in the WC3 WE to create that "Special Effect", so I tried it with a few dummies and some invisible Nexusses who casted the buff (with a long duration) on those dummies.
Unfortunately, it didn't work at all. Nothing happened...

I had heard some things about creating some custom behaviours, actors and models for this effect. But I just don't get it to work.

So if somebody finds this relatively easy to accomplish, please enlighten me step by step how to do it. You will have my appreciation in advance.

Regards,
Nyrano

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
ok i got a partial solution for you. all done in data editor. pick a unit or structure within the units tab. go to its behaviours-behaviours+ and add the nexus-chrono boost to the unit/structure. now go to the behaviours tab and change the stats-duration to 0. and all done.
Note: you got to make unit/structure invisible i couldn't be bothered doing this. This isn't probably best solution but its something so you can get an idea off of. i wasn't entirely sure on it all eg which model was which and what actor was making it like that. but ye this solution should be sufficient. might need to change some of the units flags eg unselectable,invisble maybe or something like that.the chrono boosts size changes with the actors scale it is applied to i think.

Nyrano

Reaction score
I should have editted my post. I already found an alternative solution for my problem that worked out just fine.

+rep for your time though. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.