Copying A Unit

nony301

Reaction score
i tried the tutorial for it that is everywhere,but it doesnt work, so does any1 know how 2 do it?

Severon

Reaction score
Here is a step by step thing, though I'm sure Flare or someone else will end up posting pictures which I can't do atm.

1. Open the data editor.
  2. Select Unit tab.
  3. Right click desired unit.
  4. Go down to Duplicate Unit
  5. Check all the actors of the unit(or just the model actor)
  6. click okay.
  7. At this point if you duplicated a marine another one will appear right next to the original.
  8. One text is a light green the other is the usualy color
  9. select the right green one
  10. right click
  11. select modify
  12. change the name field(and field under if you wish)
That gets you a duplicate unit with the same stats as the original. Now if you want to start changing things you need to make your own behaviors,effects,abilities and then link those to your unit.

hope it helps.

nony301

Reaction score
well acttualy i tried that and when i try 2 make it it just shows a ibg black half sphere, so i was looking if there is another way?

nony301

Reaction score
i forgot 2 say, when i did duplicate then i checked all boxes, am i supposed to check just some of them?

Severon

Reaction score
well the most important one to have checked to get the model is the actor withe the unit model. You might be running into the fact that when ever you duplicate this actor for some reason the actor doesn't change to the correct file path. SO what you can do is change your thing from all data, to just your map data and go to actors
find the model you wanted and then change the name of the unit the actor works for to your unit.

unfortunately I can't make images since I'm not at home atm. I will look around and see if I can find any already posted though, might be back for an edit

EDIT:Here is an image that shows how to change the linked unit of an actor
http://http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37433&d=1280923165

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
If you want to just reference the unit to what the original is go to Data -> Add Object

Fill in the fields and at the bottom option select Copy From and select the unit you want it to be like in the drop down list.

Now if you are duplicating the unit and you find it turns out to be a sphere go to the model part of the unit and make sure it's set correctly. Duplicating a model can add a "2" to the end of the model path making it incorrect.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.