could this problem be a "leak"?

megavolnutt

Reaction score
I'm not sure what leak really is...

but anyway, I'm encountering problems in world editor. Sometimes when I try the map in "TestMap", an event or 2 or all stops working or doesn't occur at all. An example is that when one of my unit kills a unit inside a certain region ("crowd region"), guards within the "crowd region" will attack the killing unit (which I call the crowdkiller variable). And the crowd runs away to a random point within another region below the "crowd region."
Sometimes, when I use the Testmap, the crowd won't run and the guards won't attack. Then, when I restart the map (via F10 -> End Game -> Restart) and do the exact same thing, the guards and crowd do their thing.

Also, I made a trigger that after an X amount of second has passed, and the crowdkiller isn't in the region of "crowd", the crowd will return to the "crowd region." But when they're on their way to returning, and I kill a unit NOT part of the crowd, the crowd stops from moving back to the "crowd region".

By crowd, I mean the Unit-Group "crowd" that was within the "crowd region"

I'm starting to worry if this certain events I'm trying to make ever work out. I've spent quite some time working these and it would be a bummer if it can't possibly work out.

thanks for looking and possible help

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
a leak is when a part of your trigger doesnt seem to work I believe, anyway I have looked at your problem and I dont know how to solve it, sorry. Tought i'd better explain what a leak is.

an example of a leak is when you pick every unit in (playable map area) and do:
remove (picked unit)

unless i'm mistaken this trigger should leak.

oh but for the guard thing, im not sure if u need a variable for that, can't u just make the guards attack 'killing unit'? and for the conditions use 'killed unit is in (crowd) equal to true' and 'killing unit is in (crowd) equal to false' and maybe allso put the guards into a unit group

thedancinzer

Reaction score
First thing you should look for if you think something is a memory leak is if the game becomes laggy during play. A good way to measure this is to open up task manager, look at performance, and compare memory usage during play, it is normal for memory usage to go up, but just check to see if it goes up by a large amount during play.

Unfortunately, I do not know what you are trying to achieve in your trigger, if you could post exactly what you are doing, and what you want crowdkiller to do. Sorry I couldn't be a bigger help =/

megavolnutt

Reaction score
all my triggers involving this discussion (in Paint)

i tried to compress the all the paint pictures into a folder...

Attachments

• village.zip
    89.8 KB · Views: 113

megavolnutt

Reaction score
and this is what the crowd looks like... i decreased the quality so I can upload it

the whole black area is the "crowds"
the white is "crowd" (no S)
the red area is "guards"
the green is "emmissary"

Attachments

• crowd2222.bmp
    81.6 KB · Views: 107
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.