CPU usage goes over 90% while playing

poizzz11

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a big and annoying problem with playing Warcraft 3 in my computer.For some retarded reason my cpu usage goes very high while playing this game and i find this impossible believe that my computer can't run it normal because i've played this game for over a year and it has never had problems untill recently.

Here's a screenshot taken from task manager while i had the game window on basically (while i was in game , computer goes berserk)

cpumemory90.jpg

And now when like few seconds pass, computer calms down and runs fine on

aftertab.jpg

but at the moment i tab back to Warcraft 3 it goes +80-100% again....

Here's a 'Can you RUN it' test i did on Warcraft 3..(also shows my computer stats)

canurunit.jpg

In conclusion - when i'm in game cpu usage goes VERY high and when i tab to windows it runs fine on..., i tried closing every process i had (except system) , even closed Explorer and still computer f***s around.
Also i'd like to mention that earlier i thought this was caused by a 'dllhost.exe' but now im not sure because i cant see which one of them eats the computer memory...
Please help me out , i'm kinda addicted to warcraft 3 and i love the game - never had such problem before and i could even run the game with my old computer (amd athlon - 512mb ram , 256mb Ati graphics..) and not have this problem.
PS!I've formated my computer 3 times, reinstalled warcraft 6 times (as attempts to fix this) but no luck and the problem still remains...
Thanks a bunch and i'll be waiting for some help then

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's quite strange. Your computer specs should easily be able to run it. Have you ever been able to play it on your current computer, is it only a recent problem?

poizzz11

Reaction score
yes , i've been able to play without any problems from march 2008 till like march 2009 basically , the cpu usage problem is pretty recent (i'd say after the warcraft 1.23 patch)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think it is the patch, reinstall the game and see what happens with an earlier version. That might help to narrow down the problem.
Does usage vary at all based on what map you are playing, or does this happen even before you start playing a game?

poizzz11

Reaction score
this happens only when i play warcraft 3 , my computer can run other games without this memory usage nonsense.I cant use any other patch/version of the game since (1.23) is required to play in battle net :/

yazan123

Reaction score
I have exactly the same exact problem, I can play dota on ggc, but i have 90-100% usage and my CP starts spiking and is veyr slow..this has only happened lateley for some reason, used to be allright, when i exit warcraft cpu usage goes back to normal i hope that you find a soultion because this is annoying

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
i find that odd, especially since WC3 dosent support multiple cores, and you seem to have 2 cores, see if it's actually the WC3 process that's using up the CPU, or something like an anti-virus checking all of wc3's network traffic

as for the lag spikes, if you set wc3's priority to high (or above normal atleast), that practically got rid of them for me when i was using an old computer to run it, see if that helps

komapatient

Reaction score
Have you recently installed any new games (original) featuring SECUROM protection method?

SECUROM protection is believed to have a slowdown effect. It is very difficult to remove. The easiest way is to uninstall any game which has been installed since your problem occured and run a system recovery to that date before the installation(s) was(were) proceeded!

poizzz11

Reaction score
It has to be warcraft 3 taking all the pc memory because i've tried closing every single process (except sys.) and it still caused the +90% memory usage.I don't have a anti-virus program, the current windows i have was installed on this Monday (11 may).
Also I tried putting the gameplay settings to lowest and it didn't fix it ..still had same the problem.

poizzz11

Reaction score
No , because the only game i have in my computer is Warcraft 3 and it doesn't come with SECUROM.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.