[Crime] 6 Teens beat another Teen. Youtube & Myspace blamed.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Don't blame YouTube, MySpace for teen beating video

I understand that sounds like something out of "Idiocracy" -- you don't have to watch the clip, but I promise, for all its lowest-common-denominator fist-in-face gruesomeness, it's provoked a fascinating question: Does the Web make kids go mad? (For real, that's what some people are saying.)

According to law enforcement officials in Lakeland, Fla., the six girls -- aided by two boys who stood guard; they're all pictured in the mugshots here -- were upset at the victim, 16-year-old Victoria Lindsay, over "trash talking" that occurred on MySpace and via text messages.

Finish reading, and see a video, here.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Girls....only they beat the crap out of eachother for things like this.
Ah....this reminds me of the good old days.:D

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Lol.

Getting angry over internet stuff usually means you don't have a life in real, so I think that is the problem: you can be whoever you want on the net.

Heh, like a classmate of mine saying: 'well I got over 400 friends on hyves' (Dutch version of myspace), to be shut up by someone remarking 'be happy with that, you don't have any in real'.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Heh, like a classmate of mine saying: 'well I got over 400 friends on hyves' (Dutch version of myspace), to be shut up by someone remarking 'be happy with that, you don't have any in real'.

I'm dutch, i got hyves :D
Believe me, how many friends you got on hyves kinda turned out to be some kind of status thing. The more friends you have, the "better" you are. Problem is you barely know 350 out of the 400 people that want to add you. Thats why I rejects nearly every friendship request :p

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Getting angry over internet stuff usually means you don't have a life in real, so I think that is the problem: you can be whoever you want on the net.

Wrong. People that are getting insulted will get mad regardless. That's how it is, doesn't matter where or how.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Those punches looked very awkward... but I guess all fighting is awkward when you actually study it. It's silly that people would think that the internet is to blame, which is certainly not true. The real ones to blame are the kids in the mugshots. They could have been a lot more cool about all of this, so I'm sure they deserved all that trash talk about them, and I hope they're shunned from their communities forever for this bull crap they pulled.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Article said:
Lindsay's parents also blamed online companies. "As far as I am concerned, MySpace is the anti-Christ for children," her father told The Ledger, a local newspaper.

The same way we blame video games for violence...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
<Lindsay's parents also blamed online companies. "As far as I am concerned, MySpace is the anti-Christ for children," her father told The Ledger, a local newspaper.

Myspace? Nonsens. An mistake of those children's parents while raising them, thats the problem. Any properly raised person would nout beat the living crap out of another person for just a futility as this.

Centreri

Reaction score
I lose faith in humanity every day. How damn retarded are these people?

/knock out
/fightfightfight
"WHY DONT U LIEK ME"
/fightfightfight

Seriously.. if this represents the majority of middle/high school girls in the world, we're doomed. Who's got the apocalypse-class rockets?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
That's the problem. People ignore that there's a greater number of teenagers that have access to the internet, but don't do those kind of things. They see one case in the exaggerated news and stereotype. Same with video games. Sometimes it's just people not wanting to accept responsibility.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.