Other Crucis Zone Control

Taishaku

Reaction score
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=1103

This is a soft zone control. Basically, you choose a hero from one of five factions, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, and annihilate one another. Space is limited, so the only way to build up your navy's capabilities is to expand into other zones. Meanwhile, team upgrades and teching present long term strategies.

It's been a long time in the coming, and 2.05 is the currently the most recent stable version. It needs extensive testing and balancing though. =\

UPDATE: 2.05b: Deals with a rather extreme error. Apparently I deleted the condition preventing Pirates from stealing enemy heroes... ><

UPDATE: 2.05c: Deals with a rather odd error. Apparently, for the first time, I realized they could build Shipyards on the shipping lane, resulting in useless structures (or walls!)... needless to say, a destroy-and-refund trigger has been added. Also added some new sound to the mix.

UPDATE: 2.05d: Emphasizes upgrading. Craftsmanship has also been nerfed.

UPDATE: 2.05e: Makes it easier to add balances. Razing now recovers 75% of a structure's gold cost. The Pirate Lord has been nerfed, but he gets a boost in one of his abilities. Also, I changed the Royal Navy's air unit.

UPDATE: 2.06: Wow, I'm going through versions fast... Anyways, this update adds support towers to the mix; towers have been buffed a lot, since they're important in ensuring game stability. Also, the central region has been opened up a bit so people can maneuver better during battle.

UPDATE 2.07i: LOTS OF BALANCE AND BUG FIXES! Many changes to increase the strategic depth of the game. (More things to spend gold on.)

Feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• Crucis Zone Control 2.07i Protected.w3x
    290.5 KB · Views: 195

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Sounds nice, I downloaded it.
I'll test it when I find the time :)

Taishaku

Reaction score
It's just the name. Cruci is the latin root for cross-like. It's a reference to the cross-shaped islands. Well, more like plus-signs, but it is a cross too.

Also, there is the word crucible.

Taishaku

Reaction score
I currently need people to host this game so I can figure out what needs balancing. Anyone want to help?

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i saw it and fell in love sounds really good i can host i gotta test it well have feed back in 5-25 mins longer is the better LOL
Srry man wciii wont find it like it dosent show up i put it in its own folder so wth?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.