Cumulative Item Effect

Templarion

Reaction score
I am using Item Ability to increase the armor of a unit.

My problem is that I need to use +1 Armor ability many times and it only has effect if when it is added the first time. What should I do to make the effect cumulative?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
give the ability levels with increased bonus each level (eg. level 1 = 1 armour, level 2 = 2 armour, etc) and then after the first time it is given each time you want to increase it increase the level of the ability by 1 through triggering.

The only problem with this is you are going to have to create enough levels to account for the maximum bonus you want to give.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
That is very odd, do you want a permanent armor bonus or a temporary bonus (+ _ armor in green text)

Templarion

Reaction score
MurderMode, I was afraid that I need to do this hard way. Well, thanks for the info anyway. (I will give rep after my 24h limit runs out. =))

I_RULE_YOU, I want to add temprorary armor bonus.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Now is this ability for an item or for a hero ability (you weren't specific sorries ;))

P.S: I see you said for a unit, but I wanted to know if it is an ability given to an item, and that item then given to a unit, or if its just a unit ability ect.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to base the ability off of Spiked Carapace to accomplish this? It will definitely stack, and all you need to do is change the arts and disable the return damage.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I think it would be best to do what MurderMode said, just make that ability have 100 levels. Autofill levels is the way to go.

EDIT. If you want to make it complex way, you could just have innerfire spell for bonus armor. with multiple levels of course. Use dummy caster to cast it on whoever you wish. ( This is actually a really bad way to do it, because it requires you to have data about bonus armor level and duration )

Templarion

Reaction score
Viikuna, nice to see you here, too. :thup:

Thanks for both of you but I already did the ability even it wasn't probably the easiest way. ;) Working with another one now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.