Custom ability (aura) not displaying a buff icon or ability icon

gaskell

Reaction score
As the title says I made a life have a life regen aura which works perfectly, altho there is no buff icon (under heroes stats) like unholy aura, trueshot etc... for the units receiving the buff. Also there is no ability icon for the unit that has the ability.

I thought it was "Art - Icon - Normal" in the ability for the ability icon (button for castable spells) and the "Art - Icon" in the buff that the ability gives for the tiny buff pic. But maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere.

gaskell

Reaction score
It works perfectly. The unit gets the ability (thru a trigger) and the other units get the buff and the effect is working. Theres just no icons. Works like all the other auras.

A little more detail....
A tower gets the ability and the units get the buff (aura) so for say unholy aura I can see which tower has unholy aura by clickin on the tower and seeing the unholy aura icon (ability icon) and see that my units are receiving it by seeing the buff icon. I can also check what level the ability/aura is by mousing over the buff icon on my units.

This map gives the illusion that buffs stack. So building a tower with the unholy aura (level 1) and another tower with unholy aura (level 1) gives the units unholy aura buff level 2.
What actually happens is a trigger levels up the ability on a "trigger tower" so that the level of the ability on the "trigger tower" = the number of towers that have the ability.

Just using unholy as an example as that aura has not had many changes to it in my map. The one I created is a life regen aura.

sidove

Reaction score
Try basing it of a diffrent aura, there are many auras that have the option to regen health.

jrhetf4xb

Reaction score
The neutral life regeneration aura provided by fountains (if this is the one you are using) does not give buffs... Maybe you could use another dummy spell just for giving the buff and adjust it according to your regen aura's level

gaskell

Reaction score
So since this is ability is working fine i could add brilliance aura (unused aura) to the trigger as well and set the mana regen really low and change the art icons?

EDIT:
Yes it worked, thanks to both of you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.