Custom ability problem: Doesn't deal damage

Raven1

Reaction score
Hey, I might have been a little too vague in the title, so here are the triggers first:

The ability's main trigger:

Trigger:
  • Airstrike Trigger 1
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Airstrike
    • Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing DendiAgility2 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

The other trigger, which constantly checks the hero's agility:

Trigger:
  • Agility Check
    • Events
    • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Airstrike for (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Game Cache - Store (Agility of (Picked unit) (Include bonuses)) as DendiAgi of Category in (Last created game cache)
    • Set DendiAgility1 = (Load DendiAgi of Category from (Last created game cache))
    • Set DendiAgility2 = (Real(DendiAgility1))

I guess I did a little bit too much unnecessary work in the second one, but whatever, at least (I thought) I finished it.
So, the original idea would be, that this hero has an ability based on Cluster Rockets, but with a much smaller AoE; the units inside the AoE would be hit with twice (or thrice, or more, based on the level of the spell) the amount of agility the casting hero has. The spell originally does very little damage (1 per rocket, 0.10 damage interval), however, the trigger is (supposed to) do the actual damage. (It also mini-stuns the enemy, but that may be left out, if I have to make the spell work somehow in another way.)

The problem is, it doesn't work. It doesn't do any damage at all.

Now, I'm not sure Cluster Rockets is the right spell for this, because I don't know if the area targeting, (even if it is a small area) can work just as a "point-target" spell. (For the "Target point of ability being cast" part.)

Any help would be appreciated. ^^ (Even I need to do this spell based on another spell)

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Cluster rockets is perfect since it stuns as well.

Im not very good with Game Cache but I think thats where its going wrong.
Use Game - Display message (convert to string) to test
Test:
Agility of unit
Dendi Agi

You dont need to create another variable to convert the real. Just use convert integer to real in the damage action.

EDIT!!
-Why are you using game cache? By looking at what you have done, it doesnt look like you are very good (no offense) so I guess you are not linking maps together. Just use damge area and use the casters agility as the damage

Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing (agility of triggering unit) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Raven1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So, you say that I don't need to use the game cache at all? Then how can I store the amount of agility?
Because I thought the same first and I looked it up if there is any option for "dealing (agility of triggering unit)", but the only thing I found that was close to it was "Unit - Property", in which you can get mana or life of the unit. No agility. :(

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I think Game cache just allows you to save data across maps or something like that. I've never used it but I've read about it. When you select the damage go to [Convert integer to real]. This is because agility is saved as an integer while damage is saved as a real number. Then you should be able to find the hero attribute from there.

EDIT!! A disadvantage of your spell is that it will damage them before the rocket hits. That means a unit could take damage but move out of the area before the rocket landed for the mini stun.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.