Custom Firing Ability

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
I just wanted to know how i would make an ability so that the unit fires in a straight line away from whichever angle it is facing and having it so that any unit in the line of fire wil be damaged and make it so that the unit doesnt fire unless the ability is activated.

P

Persen

You could use dummy units, and use triggers to find out the angle of the caster, and order the dummy unit to cast Shockwave there or something...

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
I made the dummy units etc. and it still wont fire. Here's my code.
Code:
Follow
    Events
        Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Move Blank Firing thingy 0029 <gen> instantly to (Position of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0023 <gen>), facing (Facing of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0023 <gen>) degrees
        Unit - Move Blank Firing thingy 0030 <gen> instantly to (Position of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0021 <gen>), facing (Facing of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0021 <gen>) degrees
        Unit - Move Blank Firing thingy 0036 <gen> instantly to (Position of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0019 <gen>), facing (Facing of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0019 <gen>) degrees
        Unit - Move Blank Firing thingy 0037 <gen> instantly to (Position of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0022 <gen>), facing (Facing of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0022 <gen>) degrees
        Unit - Move Blank Firing thingy 0039 <gen> instantly to (Position of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0027 <gen>), facing (Facing of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0027 <gen>) degrees
        Unit - Move Blank Firing thingy 0038 <gen> instantly to (Position of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0028 <gen>), facing (Facing of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0028 <gen>) degrees

Code:
Firing
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to [F]ire 
    Actions
        Set FiringSequence[1] = 1
        Unit - Order Blank Firing thingy 0029 <gen> to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire ((Position of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0023 <gen>) offset by 300.00 towards (Facing of Crew Member (In Combat Armor) 0023 <gen>) degrees)
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Set FiringSequence[1] = 0

H

Heptameron

You don't want to make dummy units follow the unit around every 0.05 seconds. Just create it when you need.

And in this case, why aren't you just giving your custom Breath of Fire to the Hero?

P

Persen

No, adding breath of fire is not the solution, atleast if i got it right. You don't want a targeting cursor, right?

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
Persen said:
No, adding breath of fire is not the solution, atleast if i got it right. You don't want a targeting cursor, right?
Targeting Cursor? I just want it so that when the hero casts "Fire" if shoots a bullet in a straight line from where he's facing.

S

steve m

how

I would just like to know how you got a first person view to begin with.

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
steve m said:
I would just like to know how you got a first person view to begin with.
Im still working on that, at the moment it is sometimes first person and sometimes a very close third person.

This is the thread I had made about the first person part.
HTML:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21472

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
okay, I got it so that the unit fires using the shockwave ability, but it makes the floor bend when it fires and it also fires too low, is tehre a way to make it higher and not have the effect on all the stuff near it?

H

Heptameron

ShadowSnipe4 said:
okay, I got it so that the unit fires using the shockwave ability, but it makes the floor bend when it fires and it also fires too low, is tehre a way to make it higher and not have the effect on all the stuff near it?
Shockwave uses a terrain deformation, no way around it. You might want to check out Carrion Swarm or Crushing Wave.

T

team.ism

That is most likely because the scaling value of your dummy unit is so low. Increase it to increase the height of the shot.

H

Heptameron

team.ism said:
That is most likely because the scaling value of your dummy unit is so low. Increase it to increase the height of the shot.
Actually, you want to check the projectile origin Z point for the dummy unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.