Custom Tiles: Questions..

jpres

Reaction score
Okay, I am using paint to edit my tiles sorta kinda eh.. I export as .jpg, import in Irfan, export as .tga, get in image extractor, export as .blp, and import it in map. The problem is, it doesn't do anything. No terrain, althoguh an icon appears on the terrain pallete for that terrain that is the top leftish part of it. Now, if I remove some terrain in Irfan by selecting the picture and pressing delete, there will be some black terrain in my map. The problem is.. I want my custom terrain. It seems as there is no way to do it. Any help?

ALSO!!! Is custom terrain possible in Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
What did you put the import path as?

M

Mythic Fr0st

hmm

I used photoshop cs2, and Warcraft 3 Image Extractor... Open war3 archive, Save it as .tga edit in photoshop, open in image extractor, save as .blp load it into war3 using the path of already current tiles (e.g TerrainArt\Icecrown\Ice_Snow.blp)
They have to be .blps

jpres

Reaction score
i got right path, which is why the black shows, but dunno.. can u do this for RoC? also wonderin bout that

M

Mythic Fr0st

Hmm

Tell me the path... Also I noticed... When I tried to make loading screen in for war3... I used a weird font photographic effect/colour or something like that
Instead of just colour replacer... It came up as blackscreen but everything was right... perhaps you used a font? or something?

Edit - About RoC I am not sure sorryz

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.