Custom value of a unit

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Was wondering, is there any good reason to use the custom value of a unit except for the fact that it's a variable already taking up space (as opposed to one that you create in addition) ?

If that's the only good reason, I think I won't bother using custom value because it's name (custom value) doesn't really give a good indication of what's happening, you have to read between the lines too much :(

Baterasis

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was wondering, is there any good reason to use the custom value of a unit except for the fact that it's a variable already taking up space (as opposed to one that you create in addition) ?

If that's the only good reason, I think I won't bother using custom value because it's name (custom value) doesn't really give a good indication of what's happening, you have to read between the lines too much :(

Custom value of a unit can be used for creep respawn purposes.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Custom value of a unit can be used for creep respawn purposes.

That was a pretty useless sentence.

It is, what it says, its a custom value with no use.

You can give it a use if you make a system around it, like the mentioned creep respawn.
But there are numerous reasons why it might be a good idea to use the custom value of units.
Its clean, its efficient, its MUI, all by default.

Very very useful tool that custom value, would have been nice if there was more then one instance but i guess this way its already much better then nothing.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It gives you a good method of unit indexing, which can be easily incorporated into arrays, hashtables and the like for increasingly complicated yet MUI abilities and triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.