Cut Tree Ability

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I'm currently working on a map and seem to be having a little difficulty in getting this ability to work. What I have is a worker unit which can build, harvest trees etc. I want to add to this unit an ability where it can cut a tree down with one strike (trees on my map have max HP so they wont die from lumbering them).

My first attempt to create this ability was to base it on 'Eat Tree' and change the healing properties to zero. Nice and easy. The ability worked fine until I realized that there is a bug where the Eat Tree Ability is automatically activated when trying to harvest a tree. So instead of having trees that lasted forever, they would be cut down with one hit without using the ability.

My second attempt was to base it on the Channeling ability and use a simple trigger to kill the tree. I set the 'targets allowed' to 'tree' and set the 'target type' to 'unit target'. The problem with this is that the ability must target a unit, not a destructible. And because there is no 'destructible target' for the 'target type' property, I can't make the ability select a tree.

At the moment I've run out of good ideas to get this working so any help would be good, either for a solution to the problem for each of my attempts, or a new method to get this ability working.

Cheers

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Base the ability on Sentinel. Then use this trigger:
Trigger:
  • Chop Tree
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sentinel
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Kill (Target destructible of ability being cast)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Thanks heaps. It works nicely now. Can't believe I didn't think of Sentinel... :nuts:

+reps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.