Damage bonus via jass Based off stats

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Im trying to make an ability that adds 4X the using heros stats to allies in an area. I KNOW it will require jass, which i just started learning. does anyone actually know how(and make it appear as bonus damage)

D

dArKzEr0

You don't need to use JASS.

Use "Unit - Damage Target" and for the damage amount use arithmetic and a conversion from integer to real "Hero Attribute".

Unit - Cause (Unit A) to damage (Unit B), dealing ((Real((Strength of (Unit A) (Include bonuses)))) x 4.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

As for the display, just use a floating text.

-darkz

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Ya, i want to Add damage though. And its 4X the strength of the Hero using the ability.
sorry I was unclear :banghead:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
a good way i see here would be a roar ability with a lot of levels.
level 1 = increase damage by 1
level 2 = increase damage by 2
level 3 = increase damage by 3
etc.
then simply create a dummy and order him to cast that roar, level your hero's strength*4.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
With max level 100, (yes an orpg, kinda repetitive for youi, that would need at least 400 abilitires. Havnt reallly calculated

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
400 abilities? why not just one with 400 levels?
the alternate way would be similar - by adding an item ability that increases your damage.
there is not such thing as UnitIncreaseDamage if that's what you wanted.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
SFilip said:
400 abilities? why not just one with 400 levels?
the alternate way would be similar - by adding an item ability that increases your damage.
there is not such thing as UnitIncreaseDamage if that's what you wanted.

Attack Bonuses from items (Claws of Attack +3, +6...) are bugged and won't work with levels. You can only use 400 abilities instead of 400 levels. (Try it out if you want ^^)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.