Damage over Time buff

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
I was going to create a Demon Invasion map where if a demon attacked a person, that person had a 100% chance to get a buff which would drain their health over time and if they died witht his buff they would become a demon.

Just wondering how i could do this, i didn't want the buff to last forever, just 120 seconds draining 10 health per second and it could be dispelled.

Anyone got any ideas?

~~~Duderock101~~~

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try using item attack black arrow (code: AIdf), and set the ability to parasite.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
If Xienoph's suggestion doesn't work, you could try ordering a dummy to cast Doom on the target.

Then, trigger some dispel abilities a la
Code:
Events
  Unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
  Ability being cast == Dispel
Actions
  If (Unit has buff Doom) then
    Unit - Remove Doom from Target Unit of Ability Being Cast
  Else
    -

I assume forcefully removing a naturally undispellable debuff with triggers would work :p

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
He wants it dispellable, Doom can not be dispelled.

Which is why the trigger exists. I'm guessing that the Remove Buff action isn't regarded as a dispel because (1) it'd be really stupid of Blizzard to have dispel available through triggers and the Object Editor, with neither being capable of removing those unremovable buffs and (2) it can remove the 'ghost' buff that auras leave behind for a few seconds after they are removed, which certainly wouldn't be dispellable

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.