Other DBZ: The Story Of Trunks

Oronuke

Reaction score
Well it honestly started out merely from boredom but I went further with it than expected and eventually got to a point where I could release it and it would be fun. It has a lot of influences from Dragonball Z - Cell Rampage and other DBZ games as well. The basic synopsis is that you are either a member of the Z-Fighters or Androids. The Androids have wiped out half of the earths population though and most of the z-fighters leaving only Gohan and a teenage Trunks. With some help from Dende and Master Roshi the remaining warriors give it their best to end the rampage of the droids. As for the androids themselves, wreaking havoc is their mission and finishing off the warriors will leave them with just that.

Playable Characters

Z-Fighters
Gohan
Abilities - Super Saiyan and Mastered Super Saiyan.
Teen Trunks
Abilities - Unlocked Potential, Super Saiyan, and Furious Super Saiyan.
Master Roshi
Abilities - Full Power, Unlocked Potential, Reformed Full Power, Ultra Full Power, Ultimate Full Power.
Dende/Android 16
Abilities - Dende (Unlocked Potential + Roshi's Training), 16 (Starts with 100% Power) (16 can choose to be Evil or Good)

Androids
Android 18
Abilities - Whenever injured you will use more of your true power, 50%, 80%, and 100%.
Android 17
Abilities - Whenever injured you will use more of your true power, 50%, 80%, and 100%.

I will be releasing the technical BETA version of the game tonight (east coast) and would like to test it either tonight or sometime the following week/weekend. Anyone interested please sign up, I'd really appreciate it.

*Edit 1*
I have added the link to download the map, please do try it out and tell me what you think. I'm open to any critique that is clearly intelligent, meaning if I do have repetitive game play or too short of a game please tell me so. I don't want to hear something like "DBZ sucks!!" or "Your game sucks". That clearly doesn't help me either way nor give me anything to work off of.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/65526/

Stryke

Reaction score
Needs a lot of work.

Things to work on:

Code:
1. Kamehameha and Super Kamehameha have the same order string, thus the wrong skill is casted sometimes.

2. Why is Master Roshi evil? lol

3. I never knew Android 16 was a Super Saiyan, along with some others have titles as Super Saiyans when they are not supposed to. Android 16 also has a Super Saiyan item...

4. Not much to do, short game. After you beat Android 16 it's finished?

5. The bosses are placed on random spots of the map, they don't move. Some better AI would be nice too.

6. Better missile projectiles, most of them look don't even look like like the ones in the show. (Kamehameha, Masenko) Masenko is yellow, not blue. Kamehameha is a wave, not a ki blast.

7. Models... Actual DBZ models would make this game MUCH better.

8. Android 17 is incredibly weak compared to Android 18. Last time I checked they were about the same powerlevel.

9. No Cell?

10. It said Brolly was spawned, but I couldn't find him.

11. Android 19 and Android 20 are stronger than Android 17 and Android 18.. lmao

12. Not really Story of Trunks.. Just Android 17 and Android 18 and tons of random characters revived.

13. Cinematics would be nice. (With option to ESC) Only if you can pull it off.. crappy cinematics just make it worse. Better to have no cinematics at all if it's not going to look good.

14. Weird boundary areas with defeated villains trapped in there with items on ground?

15. Faster movement speed please.. Or at least make it so you can run faster according to your agility.

16. I never knew the Hyperbolic Time Chamber was a huge stronghold (w/e it is I know for sure it's an orc building). This is what it might look like when you went inside, but not from the lookout.

17. Dende doesn't know Renzoku Energy Dan. 0.0 Healing maybe..?

18. You don't need to use 0.01 Elapsed Time, 0 works and Map Initialization does too also.

19. Get Disabled Icons also, it's really ugly as green blocks.

Good luck, I want to see the finished product.

EDIT: Oh, Brolly was Android 16. WTF? 0.0 Fix that please lol..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.