Other DBZ: The Story Of Trunks

Oronuke

Reaction score
Well it honestly started out merely from boredom but I went further with it than expected and eventually got to a point where I could release it and it would be fun. It has a lot of influences from Dragonball Z - Cell Rampage and other DBZ games as well. The basic synopsis is that you are either a member of the Z-Fighters or Androids. The Androids have wiped out half of the earths population though and most of the z-fighters leaving only Gohan and a teenage Trunks. With some help from Dende and Master Roshi the remaining warriors give it their best to end the rampage of the droids. As for the androids themselves, wreaking havoc is their mission and finishing off the warriors will leave them with just that.

Playable Characters

Z-Fighters
Gohan
Abilities - Super Saiyan and Mastered Super Saiyan.
Teen Trunks
Abilities - Unlocked Potential, Super Saiyan, and Furious Super Saiyan.
Master Roshi
Abilities - Full Power, Unlocked Potential, Reformed Full Power, Ultra Full Power, Ultimate Full Power.
Dende/Android 16
Abilities - Dende (Unlocked Potential + Roshi's Training), 16 (Starts with 100% Power) (16 can choose to be Evil or Good)

Androids
Android 18
Abilities - Whenever injured you will use more of your true power, 50%, 80%, and 100%.
Android 17
Abilities - Whenever injured you will use more of your true power, 50%, 80%, and 100%.

I will be releasing the technical BETA version of the game tonight (east coast) and would like to test it either tonight or sometime the following week/weekend. Anyone interested please sign up, I'd really appreciate it.

*Edit 1*
I have added the link to download the map, please do try it out and tell me what you think. I'm open to any critique that is clearly intelligent, meaning if I do have repetitive game play or too short of a game please tell me so. I don't want to hear something like "DBZ sucks!!" or "Your game sucks". That clearly doesn't help me either way nor give me anything to work off of.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/65526/

Stryke

Reaction score
Needs a lot of work.

Things to work on:

Code:
1. Kamehameha and Super Kamehameha have the same order string, thus the wrong skill is casted sometimes.

2. Why is Master Roshi evil? lol

3. I never knew Android 16 was a Super Saiyan, along with some others have titles as Super Saiyans when they are not supposed to. Android 16 also has a Super Saiyan item...

4. Not much to do, short game. After you beat Android 16 it's finished?

5. The bosses are placed on random spots of the map, they don't move. Some better AI would be nice too.

6. Better missile projectiles, most of them look don't even look like like the ones in the show. (Kamehameha, Masenko) Masenko is yellow, not blue. Kamehameha is a wave, not a ki blast.

7. Models... Actual DBZ models would make this game MUCH better.

8. Android 17 is incredibly weak compared to Android 18. Last time I checked they were about the same powerlevel.

9. No Cell?

10. It said Brolly was spawned, but I couldn't find him.

11. Android 19 and Android 20 are stronger than Android 17 and Android 18.. lmao

12. Not really Story of Trunks.. Just Android 17 and Android 18 and tons of random characters revived.

13. Cinematics would be nice. (With option to ESC) Only if you can pull it off.. crappy cinematics just make it worse. Better to have no cinematics at all if it's not going to look good.

14. Weird boundary areas with defeated villains trapped in there with items on ground?

15. Faster movement speed please.. Or at least make it so you can run faster according to your agility.

16. I never knew the Hyperbolic Time Chamber was a huge stronghold (w/e it is I know for sure it's an orc building). This is what it might look like when you went inside, but not from the lookout.

17. Dende doesn't know Renzoku Energy Dan. 0.0 Healing maybe..?

18. You don't need to use 0.01 Elapsed Time, 0 works and Map Initialization does too also.

19. Get Disabled Icons also, it's really ugly as green blocks.

Good luck, I want to see the finished product.

EDIT: Oh, Brolly was Android 16. WTF? 0.0 Fix that please lol..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.