Death Pact-like spell, need help

shinjay5882

Reaction score
Hi im trying to get a Death Pact, Dark Ritual like spells. I want it to work on friendly units whether they are organic or undead. I tried using the dummy spells; Holy Light, Death Pact and Healing Wave. Holy Light works only on living units, Death Pact only on Undead and Healing is same as Holy Light. But i want it to work on all Friendly Unit, but not summon and Etheral.

Heres a little trigger for my dummy spell, got it from Tinki's Multi Life Drain. I reworked it only for a single target.

Trigger:
  • Soul Leech
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Soul Leech
    • Actions
      • Set SoulCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set SoulDMG = ((Level of Soul Leech for (Triggering unit)) x 200)
      • Set SoulLife = (Life of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Cause SoulCaster to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real(SoulDMG)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Set SoulRealLife = (Life of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set SoulAmount = (SoulLife - SoulRealLife)
      • Unit - Set life of SoulCaster to ((Life of SoulCaster) + SoulAmount)
      • Unit - Set mana of SoulCaster to ((Mana of SoulCaster) + SoulAmount)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well, could you specify what you need help in? How does the trigger malfunction?

shinjay5882

Reaction score
Well, the trigger works well. What i want is a spell that I am able to target Friendly Unit so the trigger fires. But using the Dummy Spells: Holy Light, Healing Wave, I am able to target only Living Units and not Undead. While Death Pact and Dark Ritual only targets Undead.

What i want to know is, are there any other spells that targets friendlies whether they are Living or Undead. I want the spell to kill a friendly and get life and mana back.

Sartan

Reaction score
simple base it on channel and set targets to only allies and trigger the effect? kill target unit, give hp/mana etc etc

shinjay5882

Reaction score
A channelling spell...something like Siphon Mana? but make it instant cast? Ill try it out.

if it doesnt work i guess i have to play around with the 'Targets Allowed' in the object editor.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Just use the spell "Channel". Set the "Follow Through Time" to 0. And in the "Targets Allowed" field, choose what you want to be able to target.

shinjay5882

Reaction score
I cant seem to get the spell icon to show on the hero. i know the button positions are correct the hero has it in his spell book to learn however, after learning it, the spell doesnt appear in his book to use it. I tried playing with the button art position but its still the same no matter what.

I based it off the spell "Channel" I edited the Names and Description and the Targets Allowed. Cant seem to get it to show and actually use the spell, even with a hotkey.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.