Detecting heroes XP and picking out the highest/lowest

Devrak

Reaction score
So, if you have played Forest CTF you should know that there is a system that picks out the hero with lowest exp and gives him some gold/exp to help him on the way. Just for the sake of balance, keeps it more fun that way. I want to add this system to my own map, since I think I'ts a brilliant idea.
The thing is, I don't know how I would check which players hero that has the lowest exp. Anyone that could push me in the right direction? :nuts:

Yoshii

Reaction score
So, if you have played Forest CTF you should know that there is a system that picks out the hero with lowest exp and gives him some gold/exp to help him on the way. Just for the sake of balance, keeps it more fun that way. I want to add this system to my own map, since I think I'ts a brilliant idea.
The thing is, I don't know how I would check which players hero that has the lowest exp. Anyone that could push me in the right direction? :nuts:
Its probably done via trigger; each player at start of game start with an interger variable set to 0 assigned to their color; the variable is increase by a number everytime a monster die thus you can keep track of all the heroes experience and pick the lowest one,

edit: probably dont even need togo that far there is an option to set the variable to the experience of the hero then you can just chose
assuming you do it with an array at start of game
example
time elapsed 2minute
pick every unit owned by red matching matching unit is a hero
set var[1]= hero experience of the hero
do it for all player using a loop
then
If var[1]< var[2] and var[1] <var[3] then
add the XP there to red hero
there might be an easier way that I'm forgeting tho

Devrak

Reaction score
Its probably done via trigger; each player at start of game start with an interger variable set to 0 assigned to their color; the variable is increase by a number everytime a monster die thus you can keep track of all the heroes experience and pick the lowest one,

edit: probably dont even need togo that far there is an option to set the variable to the experience of the hero then you can just chose

Yeah, I know that. But what I am asking is how, when I got all those numbers, should I detect which of those are the lowest?

Edit: Gah, you edited your post. Hmm, I'll check it out if I can see something to get it working.

Devrak

Reaction score
So this is the only way I could think of, I doubt it works properly though.

Trigger:
  • Help The Noob
    • Events
      • Time - Every 100.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set XPHero[(Integer A)] = (Hero experience of Heroes[(Integer A)])
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • And - All (Conditions) are true
                    • Conditions
                      • XPHero[(Integer A)] Less than XPHero[(Integer B)]
                      • ((Owner of Heroes[(Integer B)]) slot status) Equal to Is playing
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set XInteger[5] = 150
                  • Set XInteger[6] = 200
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((PlayerColors[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |r)) + ( has the hero with lowest level, and has been given + ((String(XInteger[5])) + ( gold and + ((String(XInteger[6])) + experience by the merciful gods!)))))
                  • Player - Add XInteger[5] to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
                  • Hero - Add XInteger[6] experience to Heroes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))], Show level-up graphics
                • Else - Actions

Waddayathink, does it work? I have no way of testing it right now.

(Sorry for double-post.)

Yoshii

Reaction score
It doesnt look too bad however; how will the game find the hero to give the XP to? I didnt see any pick player hero action.

Devrak

Reaction score
It doesnt look too bad however; how will the game find the hero to give the XP to? I didnt see any pick player hero action.

Oops,

"Player - Add XInteger[5] to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
Hero - Add XInteger[6] experience to Heroes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))], Show level-up graphics "

Should be owner of Heroes[Integer], which are all the heroes stored in the Heroes Unit Array.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Oops,

"Player - Add XInteger[5] to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
Hero - Add XInteger[6] experience to Heroes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))], Show level-up graphics "

Should be owner of Heroes[Integer], which are all the heroes stored in the Heroes Unit Array.

you use a single hero per player right? if not that would the XP to all hero owned by the player even tho they cant all be the "lowest" XP hero

Devrak

Reaction score
you use a single hero per player right? if not that would the XP to all hero owned by the player even tho they cant all be the "lowest" XP hero

Yep, shouldn't be any problems. Guess I'll have to wait and try to get some others to play to see if it works properly. Anyway, can't give you rep right now because I have to spread it out, but I'll give you later on. Thanks. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.