Diablo2 video card problems

G

I have a problem, i just installed a new video card, a NVIDIA GeForce Mx2(32 mb). Its way better then my old video card, but its causing the frame rate to go down to 0! As a result I can't play that game.
~yes i have downloaded the latest drivers

my comp is a:
733mhz(i think, its above 700)
NVIDIA GeForce Mx2 video card
AMD Duron processor
128mb ram
windows 98

And i'v been have alot of sound problems aswell, in all of my games after a while the sound would cut out!

T

TwRecks

Let's see...

What's your sound card and have you updated its drivers?

Are you running other games ok or is the problem more widespread?

Got directx 8.0a (whatever the current version is)?

What is your agp aperture size? It will be in the bios; 64 or 128 mb are reasonable settings.

Are your sound and video card sharing the same IRQ? This will be in control panel-system-device manager. If they are on the same IRQ, I'll try to help you separate them.

I may think of some more things later, but that's enough for now.

One more thing: make sure full-screen anti-aliasing is off in the advanced properties of your GeForce.

[This message has been edited by TwRecks (edited July 17, 2001).]

T

TwRecks

Also, download directx 8.0a or the current version if it's higher than that. The latest patches for d2 have been stated by Blizzard to require dx8. You can get it through Windows Update.

G

how do i check what version i have for my sound card?

My sound is under: Sound,Video, and game controllers. My video card is under display adapters. (sorry this is my guess to what IRQ means)

I have direct x 7.1a

I have no idea what agp aperture size is, or how to find it, my guess is ram, I have 128.

I can't find my sound device! It may be VIA MIDI External port, but I don't think so. It should be under the Sound,Vid, and game controls right?

Oh, and how do i find my Bios?

Bah, sorry for all these questions, but i just don't know a lot about of computer terms

G

How do I find the advanced properties of my Geforce? ? ? ? ?

W

Wolfmoon

On most motherboards you press DEL during boot (usually directly after it has checked your RAM) to access the BIOS settings.

AGP aperture size is probably found under a Menu called Integrated Peripherals...

Of course this could varify from board to board, since there are a lots of different BIOS'es out there...

It seems your soundcard is the standard VIA integrated soundcard... It's on your motherboard and can be activated/deactivated through your BIOS...

Though, there should be more drivers for it than the MIDI ones...

If you know your motherboard chip (in your case prolly a KT133) go here:

www.viatech.com

go to their driver download page (found under support I think). There you download the VIA 4-in-1 drivers and install them. Also be sure to download the sound drivers too... they should be found, as the 4-in-1 drivers under the appropriate motherboard chip name....

[This message has been edited by Wolfmoon (edited July 18, 2001).]

W

Wolfmoon

Oh, and... be sure to reinstall the latest DETONATOR 3 drivers for your card and OS... after installing the VIA drivers...

www.nvidia.com

But that should be common knowledge...
wink.gif

The advanced properties for your geforce should be found this way...

On your desktop, rightclick your mouse.. select Properties.. Id it isn't here, go to SETTINGS in the window that pops up. Press the advanced button. Now somewhere you should be able to access the advanced settings for your card.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

[This message has been edited by Wolfmoon (edited July 18, 2001).]

G

YAY taking off full-screen anti-aliasing, and it fixed my fps problem, but the sound problem is still ticking me off.

Oh by the way, what does anti-aliasing do?

I downloaded directX 8.0
I took a look at my Bios, and it said that my sound blaster has been disabled. Is that the problem?? I couldn't find my mother board chip, and my AGP aperture
frown.gif

W

Wolfmoon

You should be able to Enable the sound in your bios...

You should still download the VIA 4-in-1 4.32v drivers.. They go for all VIA chips...
(and for some reason I take for granted you have one).

Do you know the brand of your motherboard, or the motherboards brandname?? That could help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.