Dialog Button Actions...

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
So i have human, orc, undead, nightelf, ents, and bloodelf... lets just do human for right now.

Ok heres the problem. I'm trying to have a footman wars so right when you enter the game a dialog comes up with those races... I want it so when whatever player between 1-12 picks a race they want, it makes that type of building and spawns that type of unit for the person the person that chose that certain type of race.

I know its confusing, just read through it a couple of times...

**P.S.** I'd appreciate if you gave me noobie directions such as, GUI triggers and tell me what variables are which whatevers...*

Thanks,
Mr.Tutorial

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
did you not read what i said? I know how to make a dialog... i just dont know how to make the button actions work for my sake... thats what i explained above.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you not get? It's a simple event:

Code:
Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for <Dialog>

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Ok heres the problem. I'm trying to have a footman wars so right when you enter the game a dialog comes up with those races... I want it so when whatever player between 1-12 picks a race they want, it makes that type of building and spawns that type of unit for the person the person that chose that certain type of race.

Read, I wanna know the actions to that.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not going to do it for you. I assume you've read a tutorial. So, what part of creating a dialog do you not get? It should be simple enough to detect which button was clicked and perform actions accordingly. You create units for the triggering player.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Just Create units at center of starting location when a certain button is pushed.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Thanks for giving me a hint esb... never thought of that... and Ghan I didn't mention that i did every part of that tutorial to get me where I am. I was stuck, least you could of done was given me a hint like esb.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> least you could of done was given me a hint like esb.

I did. :p Create units for the triggering player. That way you only need one trigger. Just check which button they pushed. ;)

J3LADE

Reaction score
Code:
Events: 

Dialog - Dialog Button Clicked for (your dialog)

Conditions: 

Clicked Dialog Button equal to (you dialog button variable (this variable is an array to store each button))

Actions: 

Create (however many units you want) at center of (your region or co-ordinates) for "Triggering Player" facing default building degrees

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.