Disconnects at beginning of game

T

tsbergman

I am starting to experience a problem I have never seen in several years of playing ROC on battlenet. A game loads and starts and my system pauses for a second or two and then displays Disconnected. I also notice that there are pink and black checkerboard boxes like one sees in WorldEdit for cinematic affects. I first saw this with the DanitesHell 2 Beta but have since had it happen even on a trusty old Dota 3.7b game today. Occasionally I have seen the pink and black boxes on other maps but did not get the disconnect. Its quite rare but happens.

Is it time to reinstall ROC or is something else causing this problem?

12/18/06 Update.

Just happened again. I finished a HLW ROC 3.0 game with no problem and then jump into Dota 3.7 PROS only (I am going to get banned soon, I can feel it) and just as the players load and the maps shows I get to pick my hero, I see the pink and black boxes and I get a disconnected message after a few seconds!. This behavior might have started about the same time I started playing HLW ROC 3.0. I wonder if they are connected?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
It can be several things. Your internet connection provider has technical difficulties ('lagg'-strips)/ your router has problems (if you have one)/ your internet card is damaged or the game itself errors. If reinstalling doesn't help, try checking your router and the above mentioned.
Also, the problem can be a 'laggy' host. In that case, all the players should get disconnected, if the host leaves. (Tough, if there is another player, who can host, people won't get disconnected, if the 'real' host leaves).

T

tsbergman

Thanks Andrewgosu. Those are good things to know about.

I am beginning to become certain it is the ROC HLW (ROC Hero Line Wars) 3.0 game. If I always quite WC3 after play HLW and then join games I seem to be okay. HLW seems to have some side affect in W3C. I can play HLW back to back to back with no problems but if I join something different after then I tend to see the problem. I will update this thread with more results as I find them.

BTW, I chatted with a host after getting dropped (to apologize) and the game was definitely still going. Therefore, I know that it wasn't me that dropped. Also, the network, router and host causes shouldn't create the black and pink checkered boxes , right?

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
One possibility is that HLW3 is optimized with a tool known as Widgetizer, some options with the widgetizer makes wc3 unstable if you play another game (and another map) after you've played a map that is widgetized with those options.
If HLW3 is widgetized then a simple restart of wc3 after a HLW3 game should solve all problems.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Also, the network, router and host causes shouldn't create the black and pink checkered boxes , right?

They shouldn't. The fault can lie in the warcraft registry. Reinstalling the game should* fix it.

*If it doesn't, you may want to contact the blizzard's online support.

Also, I found a official warcraft troubleshoot, for one who has trouble staying connected or connecting Battle net.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=awr0222p

T

tsbergman

Quiting and restarting ROC does fix the problem. Should I still reinstall it? I will have to hunt down my keys again. Sigh!

G

g1real

I've had a problem with P A R A S I T E once where (I was the host) started a game with full house, and then I splitted up from the rest, leaving me alone. I restarted wc3 but that didn't help, restarted my comp and it seems it got fixed. It was very weird, never had it before. Tought I should share it, but the pink boxes are mostly texture errors, aren't they, shouldn't that be RAM problems?

And the widgetizer is something I heard of too... It's with some maps, I think I had that too :D.

T

tsbergman

I've never had the problem hosting. I mostly host HLW and join Dota. Dota is always hosted by someone so why host my own (except to get really good responsiveness from my hero). I've only seen the problem when I join someone else's game. I have not tried hosting DOTA after a HLW game. Not sure I want to experiment either.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
And the widgetizer is something I heard of too... It's with some maps, I think I had that too :D.
Yea, it's a common tool. And very useful, it's only two of the options that causes this bug and this is mentioned in the documentation.

KNOWN ISSUES

When you play a different map after having played a widgetized map you get checkered boxes instead
of doodads?
This is a problem caused by the bad loading system that Blizzard made for Warcraft III. Unfortunately
I can't fix Blizzard's bugs, so if that matters to you simply exclude doodads and destructables
from the conversion process.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.