Dissable Arrow Up Movement

Doctor-Peppe

Reaction score
Hi,
I use arrow up keys for abilities. The problem is that when i press it, camera runs away. So i thought of locking the camera when pressed. But still, for a second there, between pressing and locking, my camera bounces up and back, and thats realy irritating. Is there any way to dissable its movement?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Mysecret said:
To whoever reads this... Ignore the fact that i sent this in a total random thread. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO POST NEW THREADS!!! I know i sound like da' biggest n00bz0r when saying this... But i need to know. I got a screenshot from someone before with the button but i CANT FIND IT!!!:banghead: Please help me!

First of all, confirm your email. Lots of options open up. It's in the top left corner above the box that contains all the threads. You have to be viewing all of the threads, not viewing a specific one, to post a new thread.

Doctor-Peppe said:
Hi,
I use arrow up keys for abilities. The problem is that when i press it, camera runs away. So i thought of locking the camera when pressed. But still, for a second there, between pressing and locking, my camera bounces up and back, and thats realy irritating. Is there any way to dissable its movement?

You might want to try panning the camera back based on the key pressed. Locking the camera doesn't work I think because you have to lock it to something, and I don't know if you'd have it locked to anything, because you didn't provide details. If you use GUI, you could probably try something like:

Code:
Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering Player) to ((Target of current camera view) offset by 20.00 towards 270.00 degrees) over 0.00 seconds

I would do that for hitting the up key, as it sets the camera down 20 px. Anyway, I don't know how efficiently you could do this, because I think you can change the sensitivity of the arrow keys to scrolling.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Errr, yeah it does... What that is doing is it sets the cam back 20 pixels... As said though, you can change scrolling speed. There's no real way to disable movement, but one way is when they cast it to create a dummy at the current camera position and lock the camera to that dummy. So in your ability trigger add
Set temppoint to (triggering player)'s current camera position
Create 1 dummy for (owner of(triggering player)) at temppoint facing 270 degrees
Lock (triggering player)'s camera to (last created unit)
call removelocation(udg_temppoint)

Doctor-Peppe

Reaction score
No, that is not the problem. Well here is my trigger:
Code:
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Down Arrow key
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) Presses the Down Arrow key
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) Presses the Down Arrow key
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) Presses the Down Arrow key
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Presses the Down Arrow key
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) Presses the Down Arrow key
        Player - Player 7 (Green) Presses the Down Arrow key
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) Presses the Down Arrow key
    Conditions
        (HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] is being transported) Equal to False
        ((Triggering player) Food used) Greater than 10
        HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to CurrentFlyingHero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
        (HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] is alive) Equal to True
        (HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] is paused) Equal to False
        BlockingNow[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to False
    Actions
        Camera - Reset camera for (Triggering player) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Lock camera target for (Triggering player) to HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        Set TempPlayerGroup = (Player group((Triggering player)))
        Game - Display to TempPlayerGroup for 2.00 seconds the text:             |cff808...
        Custom script:   call DestroyForce( udg_TempPlayerGroup )
        Unit - Pause HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
        Set GeneratingEnergyNow[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
        Animation - Play HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s spell animation
        Animation - Play HeroUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s spell channel animation
The problem is that for some moments, between pressing and locking the camera it runs away

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Why are you reseting an locking the camera every time, why not jsut do it at the start.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.